Writer's Notebook

A place for members to share their own original writing.

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Challenge: ~*~Five Wishes~*~

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
The Situation:

Imagine you wake up one morning and hear a noise. You go into your living room to investigate. When you get there, there is a Genie floating in the middle of the room. "You have five wishes. What would you like to do with them?" he says.

The Task:

Write a short story describing what you would do in a situation like this. Try to describe each of the wishes and what happens as a result of them in as much depth as you can! The only rule is that you cannot wishe for more wishes. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :D.

SeraphineSanctum

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
I'll submit a real response to this in a bit. I am still thinking :D.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
So it was November 23 , 2:15 am . I woke up from a nightmare and I needed a drink so I was just going to grab a drink and suddenly a genie appeared in my lobby and I was shocked . I pinched myself to reassure myself that I am having a dream but it was reality, a goddamn real genie was floating in my lobby . Then he said that he will fulfil my 5 wishes for a single day and I got confused. And you know what my first wish was that f****ng give me 1000 wishes more 😂🤣 and then my all wishes were fulfilled . End of the story
It literally says you can't wish for more wishes. Lol

Cheettat

The Demolisher
YouTuber
✔ Approved Releaser
eBook Releaser
Active User
Member for 5 years
Alright so once again I'll give it a shot. It was December 5, 3 am and I couldn't sleep so I went to my lobby to watch some TV but as soon I entered my lobby I saw a live genie right in front of my eyes . I was shocked to see her , she was a really beautiful genie and if she wasn't a genie then I would have married her surely . So firstly I pinched myself to check that i am not dreaming but it turned out that it was real. Then she told me that I have five wishes and I can wish for anything except for more wishes which was totally unfair . So for my first wish I asked for jet black Bugatti Veyron which was a sexy super car and she fulfilled my wish . For second I wished for 10 million dollars so i can help poor people or the needy cause social service is important too as karma is a bitch. As for 3rd I wished to be the best modder so I can help my fellow members of sbenny and make people happy . So now it was time to make 4th wish and now I was a bit thinking about it cause it was coming to an end and so I told her that i want a phone which have high speed interned and a battery which never drains cause I am tried of charging my phone . And for my wish it was the most tricky one but it has to be special so I wished that I want @CordeliaCross to be my best friend or my girlfriend cause she's a really nice and loyal memeber of sbenny . 😘😘😘😎😎😎.

Reactions: qth

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
I slowly reached the door, balancing groceries in my arms. As I unlocked the door and kicked it open, I heard a voice in my living room. The voice sounded muffled, as if it's owner had been mumbling. Assuming it was one of my siblings (they all have keys,) I continued into the dining room, not bothering to look. I set the bags down on the table. " George, Katie, Christopher, if that's you, I need help with the groceries!" I yelled out, turning back to the front door. I could see all of the colored holiday lights shining from the living room. Maybe I had left the television on before leaving. As I reached the entryway, I turned and glanced into the living room.
Standing in the living room was a strange looking man, smirking. "May I help you?" I asked sarcastically reaching for the metal bat leaning against the wall by the front door.
"I am here to grant you five wishes," the man said blankly.
"Um, no thanks. I've seen how this movie ends," I said sarcastically.
"This is not a movie," he asked stepping forward cautiously. "I am here to grant your five wishes."
"Then get out of my house," I spoke angrily grabbing the bat and holding it menacingly.
" Is that one of your wishes?" he asked. I thought for a moment. If this was real, I didn't want to waste a wish.
"I wish for my family members to live in their dream homes with all their housing expenses taken care of legally," I said, refusing to lower the bat.
"As you wish," he answered and gave a little nod.
Just then my phone rang, it was my mother, I could tell by the distinct ringtone. I withdrew my phone from my pocket.
"Hello?" I asked, keeping my eyes trained on the "genie."
"You'll never believe what just happened! A man just showed up at my door and gave me the deed for that plot of land I have been looking at for awhile. He also gave me a phone number for a contractor. He said everything was paid for. Do you know what is going on?" she yelled excitedly.
"Mom, I have to go," I replied without looking away from the Genie.
"The same man went to your Aunts, and your siblings, did he come to you?" she asked.
"I'll talk to you later mom," I repeated.
"Are you still coming to my house on-" my mom started, and the genie chuckled.
"Love you, k Bye," I said quickly and hung up the phone. "So let's say I believe you. What is the catch? Magic always comes with a price."
"There is no catch," he said stepping forward.
"I said I believe you, not that I trust you," I replied stepping backward, Tightening my grip on the bat.
" Fair enough," he chuckled raising his hands in surrender. "What is your next wish?"
"I want all of my family's debts settled, expenses cared for, as well as money to live a comfortable life until their deaths."
The Genie simply nodded, "It is done, what is next?"
"I want the money to start my own business the way that I want to, to cover all expenses of the business," I said lowering the bat. "Please sit."
The genie sat on the couch and closed his eyes for a moment. I sat in the chair across from the couch. "it is done. You have two more wishes."
"I want several charitable foundations started and fully funded to help fund educations and homes for the families of fallen soldiers, officers, and firefighters," I said with a smile.
"It is done," he spoke with a nod.
"Lastly, I would like to set you free," I spoke.
"I am already free, this is a job, not a cures. What is your last wish," he said with a smile.
"My own paid for property with my dream house on it," I said with a smile, "Close to a viable location for my business."
The genie smiled and nodded. "I am always happy to serve. I hope you enjoy your wishes," he said as he disappeared in a puff of green smoke.
I went outside to grab the last of the groceries, and a man approached, the same one my mother described. He had the deed to a property and the money necessary to build and start my business. This was going to be an amazing Holiday season.

Cheettat

The Demolisher
YouTuber
✔ Approved Releaser
eBook Releaser
Active User
Member for 5 years
I slowly reached the door, balancing groceries in my arms. As I unlocked the door and kicked it open, I heard a voice in my living room. The voice sounded muffled, as if it's owner had been mumbling. Assuming it was one of my siblings (they all have keys,) I continued into the dining room, not bothering to look. I set the bags down on the table. " George, Katie, Christopher, if that's you, I need help with the groceries!" I yelled out, turning back to the front door. I could see all of the colored holiday lights shining from the living room. Maybe I had left the television on before leaving. As I reached the entryway, I turned and glanced into the living room.
Standing in the living room was a strange looking man, smirking. "May I help you?" I asked sarcastically reaching for the metal bat leaning against the wall by the front door.
"I am here to grant you five wishes," the man said blankly.
"Um, no thanks. I've seen how this movie ends," I said sarcastically.
"This is not a movie," he asked stepping forward cautiously. "I am here to grant your five wishes."
"Then get out of my house," I spoke angrily grabbing the bat and holding it menacingly.
" Is that one of your wishes?" he asked. I thought for a moment. If this was real, I didn't want to waste a wish.
"I wish for my family members to live in their dream homes with all their housing expenses taken care of legally," I said, refusing to lower the bat.
"As you wish," he answered and gave a little nod.
Just then my phone rang, it was my mother, I could tell by the distinct ringtone. I withdrew my phone from my pocket.
"Hello?" I asked, keeping my eyes trained on the "genie."
"You'll never believe what just happened! A man just showed up at my door and gave me the deed for that plot of land I have been looking at for awhile. He also gave me a phone number for a contractor. He said everything was paid for. Do you know what is going on?" she yelled excitedly.
"Mom, I have to go," I replied without looking away from the Genie.
"The same man went to your Aunts, and your siblings, did he come to you?" she asked.
"I'll talk to you later mom," I repeated.
"Are you still coming to my house on-" my mom started, and the genie chuckled.
"Love you, k Bye," I said quickly and hung up the phone. "So let's say I believe you. What is the catch? Magic always comes with a price."
"There is no catch," he said stepping forward.
"I said I believe you, not that I trust you," I replied stepping backward, Tightening my grip on the bat.
" Fair enough," he chuckled raising his hands in surrender. "What is your next wish?"
"I want all of my family's debts settled, expenses cared for, as well as money to live a comfortable life until their deaths."
The Genie simply nodded, "It is done, what is next?"
"I want the money to start my own business the way that I want to, to cover all expenses of the business," I said lowering the bat. "Please sit."
The genie sat on the couch and closed his eyes for a moment. I sat in the chair across from the couch. "it is done. You have two more wishes."
"I want several charitable foundations started and fully funded to help fund educations and homes for the families of fallen soldiers, officers, and firefighters," I said with a smile.
"It is done," he spoke with a nod.
"Lastly, I would like to set you free," I spoke.
"I am already free, this is a job, not a cures. What is your last wish," he said with a smile.
"My own paid for property with my dream house on it," I said with a smile, "Close to a viable location for my business."
The genie smiled and nodded. "I am always happy to serve. I hope you enjoy your wishes," he said as he disappeared in a puff of green smoke.
I went outside to grab the last of the groceries, and a man approached, the same one my mother described. He had the deed to a property and the money necessary to build and start my business. This was going to be an amazing Holiday season.
That was nice

Cordcutter

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
WOW!! 👍 "This is so well done and for such a short story too. It's perfectly descriptive without the need of being overly wordy, ys know? I really liked it!" Commented my 11 yr old daughter, after I had read it twice myself, then re-read it aloud to her. We both agree that we quickly felt transported into the story to watch her (the protagonist's) exciting encounter with the genie!! You are so very talented... and that was just... really...really... Great!! Thanks @CordeliaCross 👼

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
WOW!! 👍 "This is so well done and for such a short story too. It's perfectly descriptive without the need of being overly wordy, ys know? I really liked it!" Commented my 11 yr old daughter, after I had read it twice myself, then re-read it aloud to her. We both agree that we quickly felt transported into the story to watch her (the protagonist's) exciting encounter with the genie!! You are so very talented... and that was just... really...really... Great!! Thanks @CordeliaCross 👼

Thank you so much! I love to write but I don't get to as often as I would like to anymore. I'm glad you liked it :D

ADDICTEDXGAMER

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
the loud sound coming from living room wake me up i am very drowsy still has the hangover last night because of party i stand up and stretch searching for my fluffy sleepers after 30 secs of searching finally find it juat under my bed, i was very annoyed that someone bothers to create such noise just to woke me up i on the way downstairs were my living room are i saw a sledgehammer just standing behind those toolbox i decide to grab it and use it to whatever thing in my living noise making the noise.

reaching the living room door i quickly take a deep breath and kick the door with all of my might to my surprise to find that there is a strange floating man around the room the man feel my presence he look around my direction and float towards me.
when i see it coming my way i was froze where i was standing telling my self i should run there is a ghost moving towards me but no my body doesn't react.

Now it is already too late for me the floating man already in front of me and looking me eye to eye , i got a ffeeling in my stomach about to vomit telling myself am i crazy, the man talk and tell me those few words that i will going not to forget.

Floating Man - Good Morning i am sorry for what i did to your expensive Tang Dynasty Vase i know it is very important to but i have a good news for you that will gonna change your life forever.

Me,- ( Unable to speak because of Shock)

Floating Man - Forgive my rudeness Master My name is Will 'Of Smith i am a Genie
and i am here to give you five wishes it is up to you what to wish and i am here to grant whatever wish you want.

Me,- ( Almost choke ) what the hell that f##-n real estate agent fool me for buying a haunted house i knew it thats why this house price was so low this is haunted damn im outta here.

My life indeed change forever as whenever i go that Ghost follows me
i dont actually believed about ghost but now i believe it is folowing me
The End.