❓ Help Request Chinese phone?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,478 happy users since 2014.
Register

nekotomes

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hello! I am thinking in buying a new phone and i have a budget of 170 euros to spend MAX. I am stuck between Xiaomi mi a1, Xiaomi redmi note 5 and Nubia Z17 lite. Xiaomi note 5 is the best in antutu and battery, mi a1 has portrait mode but has the worst battery. About nubia i haven't made a lot of research. What are your thoughts? You can add suggestions too. The most important for me are a good battery, and a good ram -at least 3gb- and rom -at least 32gb- also i've heard a lot of bad things about them, so i don't want mediatek or helio. Thank you!

Last edited:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
If you want my tip, do not trust everything you see on Antutu Benchmark. The score they have doesn't reflect your user's experience nor its performances for daily usage.

Want an example?

I own a OnePlus One and recently purchased a Huawei P10 Lite. No need to say the Huawei P10 Lite should've been 10x more performant than the OnePlus One (as per Antutu score), but guess what? It literally sucks and can't compete at all with it, even though there's this huge difference in score between the two devices.

As per now, with MY experience, all I could suggest is only something I personally used or have seen familars or friends using, so I'd say the Umidigi S2.

CLGO

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
For a cheap one, don't know if they are buyable where you're from.

But I've been using Infinix Zero 3 since May 2016. 3GB RAM but 16GB Internal Storage(or ROM).
And just recently, received Infinix Zero 5, 6GB RAM and 64GB Internal Storage(or ROM).

They're like 80 AED difference and on sale by about 10%-20% (saw this from uae.souq.com, so currency shown is AED.)
Pretty good smartphone for gaming.

nekotomes

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
If you want my tip, do not trust everything you see on Antutu Benchmark. The score they have doesn't reflect your user's experience nor its performances for daily usage.

Want an example?

I own a OnePlus One and recently purchased a Huawei P10 Lite. No need to say the Huawei P10 Lite should've been 10x more performant than the OnePlus One (as per Antutu score), but guess what? It literally sucks and can't compete at all with it, even though there's this huge difference in score between the two devices.

As per now, with MY experience, all I could suggest is only something I personally used or have seen familars or friends using, so I'd say the Umidigi S2.
Thank you for your answer and explanations! However, that umidigi has helio x20 and i have heard a lot of bad stuff about optimization of anything that is not snapdragon
Post automatically merged:

But I've been using Infinix Zero 3 since May 2016. 3GB RAM but 16GB Internal Storage(or ROM).
And just recently, received Infinix Zero 5, 6GB RAM and 64GB Internal Storage(or ROM).

They're like 80 AED difference and on sale by about 10%-20% (saw this from uae.souq.com, so currency shown is AED.)

Thank you for your answer! As i replied to @Sbenny , i have heard a lot of bad things of helio and any type of chip that is not snapdragon

Last edited:

CLGO

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Glad to be of help. ;)
We are all looking to have fun, here at this forum. :D

Life Hacker

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
If you are still looking to buy a new smartphone than you should go with Xiomi Note 5 pro i think its price is 230 euros but you will get value of those extra 60 euros right now its the best smartphone in its price range so should go with that :D happy to help

nekotomes

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
If you are still looking to buy a new smartphone than you should go with Xiomi Note 5 pro i think its price is 230 euros but you will get value of those extra 60 euros right now its the best smartphone in its price range so should go with that :D happy to help
Yes I've brought that one hahah xD thank you!

Akemi831Sato

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
I'm currently using a Xiaomi Redmi 6 (which just got released last month) , and I'm inlove with it! 💕💕💕

Ipin

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Im using xiaomi mi max 2 currently and im lovin it. If you are into modding i suggest go with atlease 6month old market release device. Theyll have bunch of roms and mods. Newer will make you wait. Atlease check for phone that already have root dev goin on. Mi note 5 is a great phone btw. I have my faith on xiaomi better than nubia.

tangmichael

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
I bought several Xiaomi in the pass and could recommend for its performance. However settings are slightly limited. But if you're opting for international phone, I'd personally go with a Huawei P20 lite. Balanced usage but the price is a little bit higher than what you're asking for. Good luck!

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month