💬 Review [Choice of Game] Affairs of the Court: Choice of Romance v.4.0.1 ACOM MOD

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,492 happy users since 2014.
Register

archiefish

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: [Choice of Game] Affairs of the Court: Choice of Romance v.4.0.1 ACOM MOD

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): 🎮 MOD APK - [Choice of Game] Affairs of the Court: Choice of Romance v.4.0.1 ACOM MOD

Affairs of the Court is an interactive fiction game published by Choice of Games. Styled as a court intrigue and romance game, the story follows the life of a minor noble in medieval fantasy Spain, navigating the court, its people, and its politics to come out on top. The game consists of three books, with self-contained story arcs serving a longer narrative, and across which you may choose to romance various characters in a ploy for power, profit, or simply romance. The App Store version offers the first book for free, with the rest behind a paywall, accessible via Axiom's MOD which also boosts your stats and relationships with characters.

Review:
The Story
Affairs of the Court offers a riveting court intrigue tale. The story follows the player character (whose gender and sexual preferences can be customized) in their coming-of-age debut and arrival to the Spanish Royal Court, aiming to attract a good partner to raise the fortunes. It continues into the player's time in court and presents various problems: consolidating their power against court rivals and families, the struggles of a war, an attempted assassination, and a coup. The narrative may end in a spectrum of good or bad endings. All this is wrapped in a neat little story that often has me on the edge of my seat. The world-building is definitely a highlight as it often had me contemplating the character's problems as if they were my own. Character development is another area where it shines, especially with your own character as you are given the option of being as saintly or as scheming as you wish. Overall, a very good court intrigue.

The App
The user interface for this game is the same as all other Hosted Games and Choice of Games interactive fiction. You are given a page and upon finishing may be presented with various options or a prompt to proceed to the next page. Since this app is a little older, some animations and grammar checks may be a little less polished but they hardly break immersion. I do still wish they put in a table of contents feature, as the narrative is very long. The game has several endings and what you end up with may vary depending on your choices in earlier books and chapters. If you're like me that likes to read all possible endings, this may present somewhat a problem. Otherwise the app is as good as it gets for a Choose Your Own Adventure app.

The MOD
Axiom's Mod always works perfectly. There were several instances in the story that could have led to an early ending if you didn't gain enough stats, but Axiom's Mod with boosted stats and relationships came through and allowed me to get to the all the endings. No glitches, bugs, or anything of the sort. Axiom once again did a great job! Thank you very much!

Would you recommend this to other users? Would definitely recommend this app for anyone wishing to experience Spanish court intrigue! If you have money to spare, buy the app to support the writer! The Mod also works with no problem!

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐