Choices: Stories You Play Discussions

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,453 happy users since 2014.
Register

mujie123

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
@Sbenny I remember on iOSGods, they always have a disclaimer when you start the app, something like: "This hack was made by whoever at iOSGods" or something like that. Something obvious. Are you able to do something like that? It won't stop people stealing it, but at least people would see it was made by you as soon as they open the app.

shbu

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
@immopengu I feel you. :c I knew people can be disrespectful, but it amazes me every day just how much... As I've said in my Facebook review, some people don't even bother to say thank you, so I can't be surprised that some try to steal Sbenny's content. It just a shame that you can't really know who on your forum is here for fun and being nice to people, and who is here just to steal content to other sites.

@mujie123 They have this for a few games, I know that for Arcana and Lovestruck there is that disclaimer. I can't remember if they had it in Choices.

immopengu

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
@shbu I would actually pay sbenny for this game, just because I think microtransactions are bull, lol. The greed of some people, man. It's like they see something FREE and nice, and in their head it's an immediate 'LET'S RUIN THIS FOR EVERYONE' plan.

mujie123

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
BTW, the apk for high school story doesn't seem to install...

Wayward Defiance

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Please, NOT Arcana! That is by far the best. I would be so sad if they stop updating that one... I hate thieves. Why do they have to ruin everything for everyone!! Ughh. Sorry Sbenny that you have to deal with so many haters stealing. I didn't even know that was a problem until I looked for Choices...

Murk

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Yes, anything we could do to help we will. Please just let us know. 😞
Mind if i drop in.

I think we might have to start a poll to get votes so Debby would keep working on Arcana.i am definitely doing it if needed and posting a link here then.not at moment though

Chastitea

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
*background screeching*

I haven't been on sbenny for ages since my tablet broke and now that I've bought myself a phone I've come here to download all my "make your own choice" apps. BUT LITTLE DID I KNOW SBENNY ISN'T MODDING CHOICES ANYMORE I'M DEVASTATED!!!!!!

I swear to all that is heavenly. When I find these people that are leeching off sbenny, I'm gonna give them hell. What kind of lowlife even does that anyway??

I mean, is there some kind of way that we can help sbenny with this matter? Maybe reporting sites that we know that leeches. So people are aware. Because I love this site and I love the effort every modder goes through to create these mods. I just wanna help anyway I can.

Gaaraprincrss13

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
I'm having Choices withdrawal 😔 What other visual novel/story games do you guys play? I tried Chapters but the writing is really juvenile compared to Choices so I can't get into it.

Also Happy New Year everyone!

Wayward Defiance

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
I am obsessed with The Arcana. It might take you a moment to get into it, I don't know... My first read through I was blown away at how addictive the story was. I couldn't put it down. If you hadn't already, I would seriously go for that one!!

SquishyTakoyucky

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
I completly understand why Sbenny closed it. Mod leeching is massive. In fact, the whole reason why I even discovered Sbenny was because the website I installed from actually STOLE from Sbenny and reuploded his mods. The mod had Sbenny's little logo pop up thing and everything (they didn't even bother to remove it). These other websites have no shame, and always claim that the mods are theirs. Even when you try to contact them to take it down they won't do so. It's unfortunate as well because the game is one I regularly download. The game is so much enjoyable with Sbenny's mod.

Choices along with other similar games are high in demand due to it's popularity and difficulty to mod it (a lot of them are implimenting security). There are other modders who mod Choices as well. There was another modding website who used to upload choices as well. The primary user who frequently updated the game went by the name of ImSkully, (I believe he modded it himself. He added his water marks). But he just kinda disappeared at the 2.3.8 update.

I really hope Sbenny does mod the game again... There has to be a way to make it more difficult for these assholes leechers.

shbu

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Well said. I don't know if it is doable or not, I'm an engineer so I know that this is probably easier said than done, but maybe they could make that when you start the game, you need to confirm your Sbenny account first, like your pass and your username, and you can access the game only after that. That way, even if someone leeches that mod, and people download it from their site, they will be greeted with that Sbenny account confirmation window, so they either won't use that mod from that other site, or they will come here to make an account and they will see where does the mod originally come from.

SquishyTakoyucky

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
That actually seems like a really good idea! I personally have no expertise in regards to modifying apps so I have no idea if that's even possible or how much skill is required to do so.

I can only imagine it would be a rather hefty task to try to impliment an account checking system, as well as how to intergrate that to apps that work entirely offline or even other media (ebooks for example).

I assumed that with the recent implimentation of SB Points locking and the requirment proper accounts on the forums, it would reduce the leeching but I guess not. Shady individuals will aways seem to get their grubby hands on the mods they don't own.

shbu

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thank you! :)
Yes, I assumed that, too, but I guess people are just too greedy... :/