Choices VIP Rolling Out Soon

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,371 happy users since 2014.
Register

Lesca

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Soo according to their inside email the Choices App is gonna be rolling out their VIP subscription service to all players soon. If you subscribe you'd get access to special books before regular players, and some that I think regular players will never see. You also get unlimited keys which is something I've been wanting forever...though now I don't play as much as I did. The newer books barring a few don't have the same kick, and the series I loved the most went downhill fast w/ an annoying plot line.

But what do you guys think of paying for VIP? I'm mostly praying some intrepid person figures out how to mod the keys too lol. I know it supposedly can't be done but I have faith in modders! xD

Chione Jem

not caffeinated enough
Member for 4 years
I was excited for Queen B but sadly, it'll only be available for VIPs. 😔 I've played most of their books so the unlimited keys feature isn't so tempting.

Lesca

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Yeah I know what you mean. There are some books I wanna replay so that I can record them now but some I haven't even been able to finish. I've seen quite a few people upset that Queen B is VIP only. It's so rude that they might not release it for non VIP players.

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
Do we know how much VIP is going to be? If it's affordable, I wouldn't mind giving it a try for the unlimited keys and the VIP books. Like @Chione Jem said, I've played most of their books, too.

@Lesca, I think the plan is to eventually release the VIP books to the general public, but they have to incentivize people to pay for VIP. So that timeline is probably a lot longer than we'd like for it to be.

Lesca

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
@lushorange Yeah that makes sense but by the time non VIP get them they'll probably already have been spoiled.

@Chione Jem Meeh I dunno how I feel about that lol. Like if you buy it for one week & get unlimited keys do they automatically leave the next week if you don't renew? I think Chapters only charges $9.99 for their service which I'd said if Choices did the same I might try it out but now...like you said @lushorange said I've played most of them too. I'm replaying TRR right now so I can record it & then never have to play again lol but I don't mind waiting for keys. I just hope some adventurous soul comes through with a mod. Gotta keep hope alive!

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
@lushorange $4.99 a week and $19.99 a month
Uhhh... Pass. That's more than I pay for Netflix and Netflix has a bigger catalog! I feel like $4.99/month makes more sense. That pricing is insane! 🤯

@Lesca, I'm totally ok with that. I'll just stay away from spoilers for now until I can play it for free. Lol.

handsinthegarden

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Any idea what the plots for these are? I feel like I've missed a page or something.

Lesca

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
@handsinthegarden You mean the VIP books? Queen B looks like it could be about fashion maaaybe but it seems like the player will be trying to stay on top/in power somehow, either by being nice or mean. It said you get to decide more how you act or whatever. There is another book where I think it's about your LI being sick, possibly dying b/c the guy on the cover had an oxygen tube. That one is actually being released right now to VIP players who got the early roll out; I saw caps but I don't know all of the details.

If you sign up for the Choices Insider email you get like their blog posts w/ tidbits a/b stuff. :)

handsinthegarden

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
I did sign up but for some reason I only get their emails once in a blue moon :S I want to be a VIP T_____T I want to play this hahaha

Lesca

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Lol yeah mine sometimes end up in the junk folder. Usually someone on tumblr will post the whole thing in the Choices tag tho. I'm still on the fence about doing VIP lol. Like unlimited keys...yaaas but their new books would have to be really good for me to do it.

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
I feel like the unlimited keys for the VIP will probably be better for newer players? I've played a lot of the books, so the VIP wouldn't really work that well for me. I might just wait for the VIP books to be released to everyone.

Lesca

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
@lushorange You're not wrong. There are only a handful of things I wanna replay & I'm planning on recording myself playing soo ya know, would never need to check in again really. So I'd only need unlimited for like a week tops.

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
@Lesca That's a good idea! What app do you use to record? When they finally offer up VIP, I'll probably use the unlimited keys to test out these super hyped VIP books for a week, like you said. I just can't get over the $20/mo price for not having that much content. That's more expensive than Netflix and Disney+!

(BTW, is your avatar Wendy Williams?!)

Lesca

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
@lushorange Right?? If it was $9 I'd probably do it for a few months just to see how it is but $20 is insane, especially for what they have right now. I haven't played the newer books at all tho I keep up with what happens in them from tumblr. The only newer one I liked is Blades. Honestly I think they are getting greedy now; just churning out anything for a profit. :( And refusing to work on Ride or Die 2 lol. For recording my friend turned me onto Mobizen! It's pretty simple to use and it lets you record in pretty high quality. The only small downside is like with Android you can't record internal sound anymore so like, the sounds come from your speakers. So ANY noise you make while recording picks up like coughing/talking, etc. So you'd have to record in silence lol though the game music is loud so that helps. And she says the file sizes are a decent size but not hugh depending on where you wanna save 'em.

LOL and yeah. I don't remember where I found it but it made me laugh so I saved it.

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
@Lesca After weeks of trying to get into "The Royal Masquerade," I finally gave up and started playing "Blades of Light & Shadow" today, and I really like it so far!

I definitely agree with you that they're getting greedy, and this is not really a good time for it. Maybe they'll reconsider the pricing later on...? Have you gotten the VIP popup yet?

It's funny how recognizable Wendy is even when her face is a little distorted. Hahaha.

Lesca

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
@lushorange I played a little of TRM & yeah I wasn't into it either. Tbh the books where like the main character is treated like crap for most of the book make me too mad to play lol. I just end up wanting to hit something. But yes Blades is awesome pretty much from beginning to end. And it's getting a sequel so that's really good.

That would be nice but w/ the way Witness went I wonder if it'll happen. That book had diamond choices INSIDE of diamond choices. I notice they didn't like do anything special for when quarantine first started either while Chapters did give out more of those lil shell thingies I think. And no I haven't :/ I wonder if it's cuz I'm using a modded version lol. I'd snap it up for a week and record like the wind. Tho I have the real version on another device haven't gotten a pop up there either.

LOL right?

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
@Lesca I don't mind that the MC has to fight for stuff, but definitely not through the whole thing. There needs to be a balance, like how it was in "Mother of the Year," where she fights her ex, but still has fun and kinda gets to take down the mean girls, too.

I haven't played "Witness" yet, but I'm glad we have modded apps because diamond choices inside diamond choices sounds insane. Did you like the book?

I've read that the VIP is mainly popping up for new players. So we may need to wait longer to get ours. I have a legit version on another device as well.

Lesca

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
@lushorange Yeah I don't mind if she has to fight but give her a little respect too. I didn't play MOTY but from caps that book looked stressful lol but the MC also seemed strong/stood up for herself which I liked. But w/ like TRR or especially The Royal Heir it's just chap after chap of people being the WORST to the MC & her just having to take it until 2 chaps before it ends, then suddenly you can speak up. The plot they've set up for TRH 3 just looks like trash lol.

I'm not playing Witness but I like to keep up w/ it so I see caps on tumblr and it's...a whole mess lol. It's like whoever wrote it was just horny on main, and most think the MC is terrible. And to be decent you gotta spend diamonds like they are going out of style. It's literally like "Tell LI you love him = 25 diamonds" or "Walk away from LI = free".

Did you see the sneak peak they posted for Queen B on their twitter? It's definitely a/b ruling a school or something. It said campus.

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
@Lesca I liked that they made the kid not bratty on MOTY, too! Because I feel like that would've been the lazy way to go, and I'm glad they didn't.

I can't get past chapter 2 of TRH for some reason, and I loved TRR! I started with Liam, and switched to Maxwell when he became available.

I saw the sneak peek for Queen B, and I was disappointed. Lol. I know there's been a lot of hype around it, so I hope it delivers. It's coming out on Friday, right?