✅ Solved Clean "reinstall" of an app

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,001 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

KleineSchlanger

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi guys!
I'm having a dilemma right now on a modded apk that I'm trying to install. I've had the same title installed previously as a regular app. Then I've deleted it and tried to install the modded apk but it always retrieve the previous data even if would clear the cache, residual and junk files, rendering the mod useless.
I would very much appreciate it if anybody could suggest a solution :)

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 4 years
Have you tried restarting your phone after you've uninstalled and cleared the cache and storage? I'm not sure if it'll work, but it be worth a try?

Eden

Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Approval Team
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Are you logged in with your Facebook account? If yes, try to log out and reinstall the app.

KleineSchlanger

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Have you tried restarting your phone after you've uninstalled and cleared the cache and storage? I'm not sure if it'll work, but it be worth a try?
Yes. I cleared the cache first then restarting. But It didn't work. I've read a thread in stack overflow that android stores data of apps and automatically backs it up whenever it is reinstalled.

And I forgot to mention that the mod app is a split apk.

Are you logged in with your Facebook account? If yes, try to log out and reinstall the app.
Also yes. But I doubt that the app connects to FB.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Yes. I cleared the cache first then restarting. But It didn't work. I've read a thread in stack overflow that android stores data of apps and automatically backs it up whenever it is reinstalled.

And I forgot to mention that the mod app is a split apk.

Also yes. But I doubt that the app connects to FB.
Well some game stores data in cloud . And no matter you reinstall it or perform clear data or log out from FB the game will always get it's data back. There are two solutions for this ... Either you need to delete the data from Google drive or use virtual spaces.

KleineSchlanger

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Well some game stores data in cloud . And no matter you reinstall it or perform clear data or log out from FB the game will always get it's data back. There are two solutions for this ... Either you need to delete the data from Google drive or use virtual spaces.
why Google drive though? I think there's no way around to solve this one if the app has functions on the server side. I'll just have to pass on this one.
Or I'll try to setup a VM and run it there, a nuisance.

Anyways thanks for the suggestions! :)

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
why Google drive though? I think there's no way around to solve this one if the app has functions on the server side. I'll just have to pass on this one.
Or I'll try to setup a VM and run it there, a nuisance.

Anyways thanks for the suggestions! :)
Some games use your Google drive instead of its own server.
Yeah you can try Parallel Space It's a good tool.

Eden

Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Approval Team
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Heya,

Is this issue solved?

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
Hello @KleineSchlanger
Since this thread is outdated I am moving it to the section of solved answers. If you have any other doubts or questions then feel free to contact or tag a staff member or make a new thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.