💬 Review Close Enough (2020) [a little spoiler]

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,275 happy users since 2014.
Register

GinkgoBell

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Close Enough (2020) [a little spoiler]

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): https://forum.sbenny.com/threads/close-enough-s01e01-eng-chinese-sub-eng-audio.100435/

Life of a millennial couple living with their five-year-old daughter and a divorced friend. They faces various challenges as they transition from their 20s to their 30s. The link will take you to the first episode of Close Enough.

Review:
Millennials refer to people born between 1982 and 2000. Born at the end of the 20th century and grew up in the 21st century. What are the majority of millennials experiencing? Most of them are married and have children, and some could be fresh graduates. With the arrival of the midlife crisis, they are experiencing social problems such as mortgages, pensions, and child-rearing.

"Close Enough" describes the life of a millennial couple living with their five-year-old daughter and a divorced friend.
Do you want to know what your life is like? Just watch this show!
After watching it, you will stare at the screen momentarily, and ponder over a question: "Who the hell is spying on me? How did my life end up in this animation?"

"Close Enough" is very suitable for fast-paced life now. Each episode tells two short stories in just 20 minutes, and each story is only 10 minutes. The rhythm is lively, and the plot is comical, ridiculous (in a good way). The comical and the exaggerated style of animation and storytelling make you laugh while sighing that this is so damn relatable! There's a hint of Justin Roiland's outlandishness style in it.

With animation shows like Rick & Morty and many more Adult Swim shows have already proven how well animation can handle an intellectually high-wire concept, taking a bit and sticking with it to absurdist lengths

God knows how much parents look forward to the moment when the child is sent away on the first day of school. The parents completely liberated themselves when they sent their little monster to school. In the animation after Josh and Emily send Candice to someone else's house for the night, the inner activities of the parents are vividly described.

When Bridgette told them they're old. They're like "What?! We're THIRTY, HOW IS THAT OLD?" and straight to the nightclub to prove their point. As a result, they couldn't bear to go home just after nine o'clock.
And...plot twist! Out of nowhere, and a customer born in 1984 was executed! It turns out that the rule of nightclubs is that people over 30 must die. Wow.

In just ten minutes, this show uses a gore-ish, violent way to show people's fear in their middle age. Unlike social media for young generations, there is an obvious generation gap in communication, resting schedule. I wanna party all night, but my body will tell me that I need to rest at 9 pm. It truly embodies the miserableness of a middle-age life, the no choice but to settle down lifestyle.

Millennials are mostly married and have children. How to deal with the trust between partners and communication with children? Josh accidentally became a class parent, and Nikki came to strike up a conversation. The plot is very nonsensical. Parents fight wildly in the classroom in order NOT to be class parents. And Nikki seduces Josh just for the 250 dollar class fee???
Emily's reaction to 'Josh may be cheating on her' is a good expression of the aspirations of both partners after marriage for many years. Josh was tempted but didn't know it. And after realising it, he could still accompany Emily to explain things clearly, which is really commendable.

Emily wanted to have a home of her own, so she couldn't help herself and fell into the loop of shopping for houses. In one of the houses, Emily suddenly found herself in the world of sitcoms, with the laugh tracks surrounding her, and a row of audiences sat in front of her. And that she has become a puppet that is being watched by others. It was like Truman's show in an instant, unable to escape. An existential nightmare.
To me, this part of the story seems to be the most intriguing. Although it may not be as funny as other part of the story, because it has the most connotation.

Most people are not satisfied with their lives. They wanna escape from it and wanna live a life that others envy. But you should know that the life that others envy may not be what you really want. Just like Emily is trapped in Truman's show, the greater the audience's laughter, the more she wants to escape. When she went against the audience and did what she wanted to do, everything changes.

It tells us that our own life is often the best, and the life that others admire is always the life in the eyes of others. Since it cannot be changed, then adapt to it! Because no matter when your family will always have your back.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yesss, you should watch this. The episodes are short and fast-paced. I mean you can see the philosophy of life from "Close Enough", or you could just watch it as a comedy animation and chill. Its a nice, absurd, weird funny little show.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐