CoG & Hosted Game Discussion

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,136 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choicer

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
No you didn't read the rules.

You aren't actually supposed to make multiple posts in a row in a short time that contribute little.

EDIT: It's for both
"
Reason: Trolling, Sharing pirating utilities

"

Stormborn

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
I'm not too sure, but here's what I know.

>VIP mods, at $20 a game ( a lot!) of a membership program, are offered.

>This site runs on a server, which costs money, and the domain is hosted by namecheap, so this place must make enough money to pay that.

>Axiom is a staff member and regularly contributes (from what you guys say) good quality mods.

Therefore I assume he earns some money from this

If I'm wrong please correct me @Axiom
And if u are proven right please contact me cause I was saying that same stuff all along , I didn't pay a penny ok so how does he earn ... that's is what I want u to ask and use it to earn some money u r self but u r one hell of a kid who doesn't understand ...
Post automatically merged:

You aren't actually supposed to make multiple posts in a row in a short time that contribute little.

"

"
Well those where not my fault that u guys check each message I type and it takes nearly 2-3 min to post it .it all got posted together 😛

Sha

"

"
Sharing really ? Lol

Choicer

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
...No it's still your fault.

Not trying to be harsh but if you want to post on other forums you have to follow their rules

Stormborn

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
...No it's still your fault.

Not trying to be harsh but if you want to post on other forums you have to follow their rules
Well it's good thing for u sbenny has lot more patience then u r moderators .

Choicer

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hey if I break a rule here I apologise and will delete or edit any of my offending posts.

Stormborn

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hey if I break a rule here I apologise and will delete or edit any of my offending posts.
U r one hell of a guy bud really , well u will get time to edit lol , I did try to edit but u r control was still new for me 😝 .ohk back to the point bud this is not about me if u want to know me more we can talk later lol(jk).

Choicer

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
Well it's good thing for u sbenny has lot more patience then u r moderators .

7)Writing SMS-like
No, there is no accepted abbreviation in this forum. We are not on twitter and you are not writing a SMS. Keep in mind we are from all over the world, so some members may use Google translate which does not discern or distinguish such abbreviations.

I assume this applies to 'u' and 'u r'

Please don't break the rules.

Also @charr there's a rule against all caps and all bold as it is analogous to 'shouting'

Anant7

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Guys can we be a little more civilized in this matter so that a solution can be found quickly and I also beesech the cog droup to choose a leader who would post his demands so that there is no confusion

Stormborn

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
So
7)Writing SMS-like
No, there is no accepted abbreviation in this forum. We are not on twitter and you are not writing a SMS. Keep in mind we are from all over the world, so some members may use Google translate which does not discern or distinguish such abbreviations.

I assume this applies to 'u' and 'u r'

Please don't break the rules.

Also @charr there's a rule against all caps and all bold as it is analogous to 'shouting'
That proves my point
Did u understand what u is meant for ? Ask anyone who read it if they say no then come to me and say that as a reason , and as I said I don't care I never did this forum is better then that cause here the restrictions are less and thus this act like a family
Ever got curious why so many defended him
Here ?
Well I know what u are going to say "cause he gives paid stuff for free ", u will not understand what it is...

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Member for 8 years
@Choicer
I don't get payed at all for my mods. I dont charge for them and I dont adfly or anything like that.
I mod for the challenge and enjoyment of enhancing gameplay for others.

Stormborn

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Guys can we be a little more civilized in this matter so that a solution can be found quickly and I also beesech the cog droup to choose a leader who would post his demands so that there is no confusion
Well I don't think we need to accept any demand especially cause we don't have to loose anything well they are the only loosers here , really just ignore this .😤

Choicer

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hey my bad-- I just saw the VIP section and thought you guys were making bank off of games others made.

I just wanted to say if it's truly for the challenge couldn't you require people to send you receipts first? As a 16 year old teen myself I'd help you guys make even better mods as long as you verified the guy bought the game before giving him the game for free plus more

Listen I don't want to be that guy coming in, making dumb ass threats, but know, if legal action was taken, even though both sides would lose (legal fee's are expensive!) I'm pretty sure you guys would be shut down.

Are you DCMA protected yet? Does Namecheap know what you do on the domain you host from them? Do the guys you buy/ rent server space from know? I'm sure they don't want legal action.

All I'm saying is don't say "Lets ignore the poor writers because they can't do anything" because then people'll come here trying to prove what they can do, etc.

Anant7

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Well I don't think we need to accept any demand especially cause we don't have to loose anything well they are the only loosers here , really just ignore this .😤
I accept that accepting their demand is our point of view but if they send 3 to 4 people who come here and present their different demands ,it is better that their leader just steps up and puts forth their demands for once and for all so that no more sabotaging of our work schedule is done

Stormborn

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
in the end everything u thought was wrong
no cog game ever got released only for VIP only and he doesn't do much of VIP release
and let me ask u one thing why should he verify whether the app is purchased or not
will u give him money for that ?
if so go ahead make the deal in PM

Anant7

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hey my bad-- I just saw the VIP section and thought you guys were making bank off of games others made.

I just wanted to say if it's truly for the challenge couldn't you require people to send you receipts first? As a 16 year old teen myself I'd help you guys make even better mods as long as you verified the guy bought the game before giving him the game for free plus more

Listen I don't want to be that guy coming in, making dumb ass threats, but know, if legal action was taken, even though both sides would lose (legal fee's are expensive!) I'm pretty sure you guys would be shut down.

Are you DCMA protected yet? Does Namecheap know what you do on the domain you host from them? Do the guys you buy/ rent server space from know? I'm sure they don't want legal action.

All I'm saying is don't say "Lets ignore the poor writers because they can't do anything" because then people'll come here trying to prove what they can do, etc.
You said that you would not give any threat but man stand up to your word you are indirectly threatening us.I ask you to be civilized and if you are the leader present your demands

Stormborn

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
We
I accept that accepting their demand is our point of view but if they send 3 to 4 people who come here and present their different demands ,it is better that their leader just steps up and puts forth their demands for once and for all so that no more sabotaging of our work schedule is done
Well if u put it like that then yeah dealing with one is better then dealing with this bunch
But Jayson is the head and he went AOA🤔

You said that you would not give any threat but man stand up to your word you are indirectly threatening us.I ask you to be civilized and if you are the leader present your demands
Nope he is just a writer or a writer not the leader

Phytoplankton

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 6 years
Its obvious that this forum has been hijacked and overtaken actual COG writers/sympathizers and spies and haters

And I had enough discussions and arguments, they dont understand civility, calm rational discussions.

I am so sick of these dubious two rat faces Bastards of Authors that I SWEAR TO GOD ILL NEVER BUY A COG GAME EVER AGAIN.
you made a honest paying customer into a pirate! Congrats!

I am out of here and wont post here again.

@Axiom can take whatever decision he wants and if he wants he can inform me in pm. I have head enough.

This was a nice happy calm place to share discuss and enjoy with yours modders and fallow players instead now it has been poisoned and ruined the very spirit of @Sbenny website itself. These outsiders are trying to teach/tell me what to do and how to in my house.

charr out!

PS: @Choicer I CAN WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS IF I WANT... YOU CAN SUCK ON IT

Choicer

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
I'm not trying to threaten you. I'm literally just saying don't ignore the pretty nice guys at CoG because the law isn't fully on your side, and no one wants a legal battle.

And as he's said, I'm just a writer. Just like the maker of every HG you guys have modded and played for free.

The official post has been posted before but Axiom shut down that thread, so I'll paste it here.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hi Axiom,

Thank you for taking the time for coming and addressing our community.

Your arguments for modding don't fall on deaf ears here. The idea of adding your own elements to a story or giving yourself extra powers in a game is a tradition in the gaming world. This is the source of fan fiction and cheat codes and, arguably, even Dungeons & Dragons itself: the desire to take what someone else has done and make it your own, taking it in new directions that the originator couldn't or wouldn't conceive of.

We're sympathetic to your other argument, that pay-to-win IAPs are offensive and a waste of time and money. Many pay-to-win games charge users for temporary power boosts like extra lives or health, requiring players to pay an unlimited amount of money to avoid losing. *But we don't use that business model at all.* Further, there is no multiplayer mode here, so there's no "spend-to-beat-your-opponent" mechanic. Your argument about price-gouging or spend-to-win doesn't apply to our games.

As you point out, you work hard for your money. So do we, both here at Choice of Games, Hosted Games, and all the authors who write these stories. We sell these games, and then we use that money to pay our rents and feed our families. And we try to be very fair to our consumers: once you buy a copy, we'll help you transfer it to other platforms if we're able. As long as you've paid for it, you own it for life. This means that, for example, we have a dedicated Customer Support person who responds to transfer requests and refund requests on a very prompt basis.

And what you don't realize when you mod our games is that you don't mod them very well. We receive a dozen support emails a day from users of your hacked mods who wonder why their game doesn't work, because you've modded things that cause the game to break. In short, not only are you stealing from us, but you're making more work for us in the process. Work which we pay a staff person to address.

So, if you're serious that you like a challenge, start by being a better modder. QA your products. Change the support email to yourself, rather than to us, so you can provide support when you create bugs. (Replace the `getSupportEmail()` function in `ui.js`.) If you don't, then it's clear to everyone that your argument is not "I like a challenge," but really just "I'm a thief, and you can't stop me."

Finally, yes, allow me to take you up on your offer. As the perpetual license-holder for all these games, please do take down the links on the Sbenny forums. If you're unwilling to do that, then please at least leave the advertisements in place, so we can earn some ad revenue from our hard work.

Regards,
-Jason Hill
Choice of Games LLC
Hosted Games LLC

And @charr seriously?

You're trying to insult me by breaking your own forum's rules?
Wow.

Stormborn

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years

Well that is definitely something which we can use to ban u like how u did with us lol . threatening a member is it not something which will get the user banned for like 2-3 yes in cog 😏 don't ask how I know that .
And can u guys even afford legal fees without going bankrupt I also don't think so 😏
And I know u will post this there so let me say this to those idiots , u guys should really reduce restrictions I mean using short words can lead to ban can u believe it lol 😑
And last but not least on what basis are u saying that his mods are u rs and he is not selling them for money so literally what damages can u claim when he is doing it as a charity and there is no consideration from his part there is no contract hence s Benny is safe
Now to axioms part u can't say that he is pirating it cause he is not selling them it is like buying a shoe and then giving it for free to u r brother 😏 well I think that will help to protect axiom .
And now about to protect the user , we are using a lend out item from someone who owns it who the hell are u guys .
#nevermesswithcastudents I know the basics about contract act ok in the end u will loose DMCA might support u out of sympathy but Court can't they decide on the basis of proof .
Post this in u r group .

I'm not trying to threaten you. I'm literally just saying don't ignore the pretty nice guys at CoG because the law isn't fully on your side, and no one wants a legal battle.

And as he's said, I'm just a writer. Just like the maker of every HG you guys have modded and played for free.

The official post has been posted before but Axiom shut down that thread, so I'll paste it here.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hi Axiom,

Thank you for taking the time for coming and addressing our community.

Your arguments for modding don't fall on deaf ears here. The idea of adding your own elements to a story or giving yourself extra powers in a game is a tradition in the gaming world. This is the source of fan fiction and cheat codes and, arguably, even Dungeons & Dragons itself: the desire to take what someone else has done and make it your own, taking it in new directions that the originator couldn't or wouldn't conceive of.

We're sympathetic to your other argument, that pay-to-win IAPs are offensive and a waste of time and money. Many pay-to-win games charge users for temporary power boosts like extra lives or health, requiring players to pay an unlimited amount of money to avoid losing. *But we don't use that business model at all.* Further, there is no multiplayer mode here, so there's no "spend-to-beat-your-opponent" mechanic. Your argument about price-gouging or spend-to-win doesn't apply to our games.

As you point out, you work hard for your money. So do we, both here at Choice of Games, Hosted Games, and all the authors who write these stories. We sell these games, and then we use that money to pay our rents and feed our families. And we try to be very fair to our consumers: once you buy a copy, we'll help you transfer it to other platforms if we're able. As long as you've paid for it, you own it for life. This means that, for example, we have a dedicated Customer Support person who responds to transfer requests and refund requests on a very prompt basis.

And what you don't realize when you mod our games is that you don't mod them very well. We receive a dozen support emails a day from users of your hacked mods who wonder why their game doesn't work, because you've modded things that cause the game to break. In short, not only are you stealing from us, but you're making more work for us in the process. Work which we pay a staff person to address.

So, if you're serious that you like a challenge, start by being a better modder. QA your products. Change the support email to yourself, rather than to us, so you can provide support when you create bugs. (Replace the `getSupportEmail()` function in `ui.js`.) If you don't, then it's clear to everyone that your argument is not "I like a challenge," but really just "I'm a thief, and you can't stop me."

Finally, yes, allow me to take you up on your offer. As the perpetual license-holder for all these games, please do take down the links on the Sbenny forums. If you're unwilling to do that, then please at least leave the advertisements in place, so we can earn some ad revenue from our hard work.

Regards,
-Jason Hill
Choice of Games LLC
Hosted Games LLC

And @charr seriously?

You're trying to insult me by breaking your own forum's rules?
Wow.
Well u r the one who broke it by threatening fellow member but I think s Benny is going to ignore this again 😑

Choicer

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
Well that is definitely something which we can use to ban u like how u did with us lol . threatening a member is it not something which will get the user banned for like 2-3 yes in cog 😏 don't ask how I know that .
I didn't threaten a member, and if I did make anyone feel threatened I apologise.

And can u guys even afford legal fees without going bankrupt I also don't think so 😏

So then you guys admit you're fine pirating game from small, honest companies who don't even make enough money to make a legal claim against copyright, even though that's super cheap to do? Wow. That's super great ethics there.

u guys should really reduce restrictions I mean using short words can lead to ban can u believe it lol 😑
You posted a lot of short replies, in a row, that didn't contribute. That's why you were banned.

And last but not least on what basis are u saying that his mods are u rs and he is not selling them for money so literally what damages can u claim when he is doing it as a charity and there is no consideration from his part there is no contract hence s Benny is safe
But Sbenny as a site does make mods for money. And you're right, loopholes-- people don't pay for mods, they pay for access/ membership. Except you can buy a mod $20.
So perhaps the compensation would be each game modded * $20 +punitive fees added on.

Now to axioms part u can't say that he is pirating it cause he is not selling them it is like buying a shoe and then giving it for free to u r brother
And that isn't how the law works in this case, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.