💬 Review Come and See (1985)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,977 happy users since 2014.
Register

TheKingOfLimbo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Come and See (1985)

The invasion of a village in Byelorussia by German forces sends young Florya (Aleksey Kravchenko) into the forest to join the weary Resistance fighters, against his family's wishes.

Review:
Come and See (1985)

A Russian film. And a damned good one. It is a very good anti war film. (Anti war films are movies that dissuade anyone from wanting to wage war or wanting to end up in a battlefield)

Story:

What I really liked about the film, was how grounded it was. It is scary, because most of the film actually happened.

The story seemed simple enough, and yet, they managed to really show it brilliantly. It was depressing, and just unspeakable.

I really appreciated the depiction of human evil. It was straight to the point, it was scary and really, it was just evil.

I also liked that I literally don't know any of the actors. It sort of added to the reality of it all.

Visuals:

The camera work was really weird. I don't mean it as a bad thing though. At often times, the it was unnerving and, I really have no idea how to describe it, but I really liked it.

There were quite some very disturbing imagery throughout the film, and is it kinda sick to say that I was 'happy' to see it? Yeah it definitely is, but it actually felt like the film needed it to be seen.

The protagonist's face is probably among the best I've seen, depicting harrowing and just so much more emotions.

SLIGHTLY SPOILER-ISH

There is a sequence at the end, where actual footages are shown, and I was literally like "WTF!" because they showed it without any sort of warning. And of course, Hitler was also shown. It was just creepy as hell.

Music:

Now, most films use patriarchy music, and hero-like music, but I really liked that they (mostly) just used unorthodox means. Though the orchestral music was still a good addition.

Now, for people who want to watch this, don't really expect action scenes like in the movie Saving Private Ryan. It isn't really like that, and more of a real depiction of war. But of course, there are still some pretty chilling scenes.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes. Its one of the sadder war films.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐