💬 Review Come To Daddy

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,130 happy users since 2014.
Register

richardba

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Come To Daddy

Come To Daddy is a comedy horror thriller starring Ellijah Wood as Norval Greenwood. A privileged only child, who lives with his mother in a Beverly Hills mansion. However it all changes once he receives a letter from his stranged father, who abandoned him as a child, to visit him.

Review:
Come To Daddy is Ant Timson pictorial debut as a director. Which makes me crave for more. In this movie we follow the journey of Norval, as he is invited by his long stranged father in a monotonous pace, which involve confrontation and denial once he meet his “daddy”.

I am very fond of Ellijah Wood, and his roles are always remarkable. This film relies heavily on his character and is built entirely on his progression. Norval is depicted as an androgynous, hipster like musician/producer/influencer, which makes it harder to know his real intention and build a sort of tension regarding his moves as his reactions are always late or delayed.

The movie also builds a humongous sense of humour from his character due to his either exaggerated moves or cringesactions, such as trespassing a motel room which is currently holding a Orgy with Geologists from all over the world.

Until he is stabbed and left in a near death state, which convoys into a climax of reconciliation with his daddy narrating his letter and his daddy motifs. The movie features obvious plot twists, because the audience is left to confront what they see. This is a perfect execution, this is what made me really interested in how Timson handled the scripting and its unwrapping process, and even when the movie reaches its climax it keeps its slow, but yet intriguing pace.

Would you recommend this to other users? I recommend this movie due to its exceedingly sense of aesthetics and dark humor. Ellijah performance is also the cherry on top.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐