Comment Suggestion

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,074 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
I noticed that we can't comment unless we have bought the game using SB Points and to me that just seems like a little bit... weird? I for one often get disappointed of the game that i downloaded. because i can't ask stuff like is it bugged? is the mod working? it would be nice if you allow us to comment even before we purchased the game with SB Points.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Well, there's a reason to it. I think, you see we used to be able to do that, comment on a post without needing to purchase it first i mean back in the day, but Sbenny changed it to well, prevent an abuse, yeah people always found a loophole in things. You see that little EXP bar under your account name? Well in order to to fill that you need to post something, either a thread or a comment, and when you do that you received an Exp. Simple. Ok but here's the problem, back in the day people would Spam the absolute *insert censored word* of comments on every game post with just a Thanks, ok, or any other things, and that would make it inconveniences to other that gave an actual comments regarding the mods, wether if it's works or not or any other problem. So in order to prevent it the admin changed it so you must purchase the game first and have the experience, and if it doesn't work you can actually help pointing the problem, or if it works you can show your appreciation. Also if i remember correctly (and please forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm not the best when it comes to memories department) but you can actually get a...refund maybe? To purchase a modded game should the get updated within a week span. And no, I don't really know if it's true or not, I'm not an admin so once again please forgive me if I'm wrong.
So yeah, that's the gist of it, it's what i know from my memories so i hope you understand...on the both aspect, the reason and my memories incapability to remember a lot of things i mean....

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
Well, there's a reason to it. I think, you see we used to be able to do that, comment on a post without needing to purchase it first i mean back in the day, but Sbenny changed it to well, prevent an abuse, yeah people always found a loophole in things. You see that little EXP bar under your account name? Well in order to to fill that you need to post something, either a thread or a comment, and when you do that you received an Exp. Simple. Ok but here's the problem, back in the day people would Spam the absolute *insert censored word* of comments on every game post with just a Thanks, ok, or any other things, and that would make it inconveniences to other that gave an actual comments regarding the mods, wether if it's works or not or any other problem. So in order to prevent it the admin changed it so you must purchase the game first and have the experience, and if it doesn't work you can actually help pointing the problem, or if it works you can show your appreciation. Also if i remember correctly (and please forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm not the best when it comes to memories department) but you can actually get a...refund maybe? To purchase a modded game should the get updated within a week span. And no, I don't really know if it's true or not, I'm not an admin so once again please forgive me if I'm wrong.
So yeah, that's the gist of it, it's what i know from my memories so i hope you understand...on the both aspect, the reason and my memories incapability to remember a lot of things i mean....
Ah the word spam, but isnt that before the SB Points got introduced? since before SB Points we must comment to unlock download link so i just think that now is maybe okay for us to comment like the old days?.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Maybe? Idk. I mean the whole point of SB Points itself was to prevent abuse, a different kind maybe. And ehh, personally i don't see a lot of difference, but i understand that it could help many peoples too. So yeah, maybe it could.

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
Good day,

1. Look at the poll(s) and read the comments of other members to make sure that it does work.
+ Since people need to unlock/download the apks. means the comments are "real" and not simply spam.
+ If the thread is new and you don't see any comments yet, just wait until somebody else tries it.
+ Or try it yourself and help other members by giving your honest feedback (comment).

2. The forum is a "give-and-take"; Modders make mods and members "try" the mods.
+ If the mod does not work, then they work on it some more.
+ If the mod DO work then...great.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
This change was needed for many reasons, all explained above, and it was a partial change. Even after introducing the requirement to unlock a mod before being able to post (in order to allow only constructive posts which are made by users who really tried the mod), all the community was still used to type "thanks" basically.. everywhere! So, it wasn't such a big deal yet, that's why I introduced another change which removed the *requirement* to leave a reply in order to unlock the download link.

So, let's evaluate the previous situation and the actual one, to make it clearer.

/*PREVIOUS SITUATION*/
- Everyone can reply, and everyone must
reply (in order to unlock the download link).

PROS:

Spam gate open to everyone (oh wait, this shouldn't be in the PROS list)
• Ability to ask additional info before unlocking

CONS:
• Spam gate open to everyone
• Everyone will complain without even trying the mod
• High chance of misleading people (it's enough for a user to write "it doesn't work" even if he didn't download it in order to make people leave from that page)
• Unfair level progression
• Unfair SB Points farming (they could vote in a poll without even downloading the mod)
• Huge list of "thank you" (or similar) posts
• Huge list of "how to download" posts
• SEO penalization due to repeated/spam/unrelated content posted
• Database filled of spam content
• Difficulty to find useful posts
• Better to stop here or I'll not make a single mod today :lol:

/*ACTUAL SITUATION*/
- Only those who unlocked a mod can reply and they're not forced to

PROS:
Only honest feedbacks from users
• No more 100 pages of *thank you* posts
• Simplified structure
• Immediate access to user feedbacks (as you no longer need to dig around 100 posts in order to find a content-related post)
• Grateful database and server :p (the server will no longer have to store thousand pages of "thank you" posts, allowing more space for important stuff)
• Faster access to the content (no more replies required, so you can play first, and then give a feedback)
• No more users complaining about not being able to afford it
• Grateful search engines (it'll be easier now to index our content as it'll be clearer and spiders will find out what a page is about more easily, helping our rankings etc..)
• Fair level progression
• Fair SB Points farming (as they'll now be required to unlock a mod before being able to cast a vote in the poll)
• No more "how to download?" posts (or mostly), as users will have to spend a bit more time to read before posting, allowing them to find the video tutorial link about how to download from our community

CONS:
• Users can't ask about issues with a mod before deciding if it's worth to unlock/download or not (altough reading feedbacks or poll votes should give a general idea already)

I probably missed something, but this should give a wider idea of the situation :)

Thank you to everone else in this thread which helped with their contributions! You guys rock :D

Status
Not open for further replies.