💬 Review Coraline (2009)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,376 happy users since 2014.
Register

ZenoniaLvr

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Coraline (2009)

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): Coraline 2009 | Eng&Chinese sub | Eng Audio

An adventurous and curious gurl discovers a secret door in her new home that leads to a strangely better version of her current family situation. Of course there's have to be some creepy, dark and sinister secret behind it.

Review:
A stop-motion animated dark fantasy horror film directed and written for the screen by Henry Selick based on a 2002 novella of the same name by Neil Gaiman.
The film starts with an eleven year old Caroline Jones (voiced by Dakota Fanning) and her parents Mel and Charlie moving to an old pink coloured house called Pink Palace Apartments. They have two neighbours, a supposedly trainer of a circus of mice and two retired burlesque actresses.
After being left alone as her parents were busy, she met a boy while she was out wondering in the woods who's name was Wybie (voiced by Robert Beiley Jr.) who has a cat with him. Wybie gave her a doll that's creepily looks exactly like her. Later the doll then lure her to a small door that was bricked up that can only be unlocked with a button shaped key.
Later that night a mouse led her to that small door which has now turned into a tunnel of some sort. That's were she met other versions of the people who lived in the apartment, including her parents and start of an horrific adventure.

That's where I'm going to end the bit summary about the movie. First, of all things that I can think of back then when I first watched it (I was around 14 years old) that this was such an interesting side from the concept of doppelgangers. I mean it's not really about doppelgangers but it looked like that to me back then and it felt so creepy. What's more disturbing to think for me was if ever she got trapped on the other side. Being trapped was always one of my nightmares.
The horror was spot on for the kids and I think even as a person in my twenties will prolly think that this is one of the best horror films out there, not to mention the fact that it's also one of the best stop-motion animated films too.
As a child, I didn't think there was anything I disliked about the film, even more so now. The conflict was presented and resolved nicely by the end but as well as giving as the sense of uncertainty of things to come considering the theme. The film can represent many things and it's up to the audience to interpret as they please which is one of the things I like in a film.

Would you recommend this to other users? Very highly recommended to everyone. This film isn't even PG13 so I guess children can watch it. Got to be mindful for the children with immense imagination or they may have some nightmares about it but I think they can handle it as I did anyways. This one is in my 5 star list as it is also a stop-movie animation, my favourite genre.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Malice Galaxius

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 3 years
I developed pediophobia but i didn't hate Pinocchio. Overall. the movie is great!