💬 Review Créme de la créme

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,726 happy users since 2014.
Register

cranberrysauce1337

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Créme de la créme

A text based gamebook in which you take the role of an 18 year old attending finishing school. Romance other students, uncover hidden plots, and attend classes.

Review:
Créme de la créme is a game that, although I enjoy, falls a little flat. The plot seems a bit all over the place, and the conclusion isn't very satisfying. However, I've only played through the game once, so other choices may result in a better ending. The characters are pretty fleshed out and lifelike, if a bit stereotypical. Romancing a character doesn't feel very in depth, but again, this could be due to me only having completed the game once. The writing itself is very well written, with descriptions detailed enough to picture scenes in your mind's eye. The game seems to be poorly paced, however. The major plot points are mostly all lumped together at the end rather than evenly spaced throughout the story. Another negative point (to myself anyway) would be the annoyance of gender and pronoun options. Though they are over with quickly, unless you choose to pick the romanceable characters' genders as they appear, it seems tedious to have to pick your character's gender, then their pronouns, then their form of address, then their clothing choice, etc. In my opinion, a simple "male or female" option at the start would be sufficient. All in all, a decent game.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐