💬 Review Crank 2 : High Voltage (2009)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,950 happy users since 2014.
Register

Anthea

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Crank 2 : High Voltage (2009)

Crank: High Voltage is an American action sequel to the 2006 film Crank. It stars Jason Statham, Amy Smart, Clifton Collins Jr., Efren Ramirez, Bai Ling, David Carradine, and Dwight Yoakam.

Review:
*This review may contain spoilers for the first film*

We pick up from where we left off in the first movie, Chev Chelios falling to his death. Somehow, miraculously, I'm presuming through sheer stubbornness, he survives the fall and is promptly kidnapped. As if all the sustained injuries weren't bad enough, his heart is stolen and replaced by an artificial pump (heart? not sure) with a battery that is only able to keep him alive for an hour. If the person reading this has caught on to where this is going, kudos to you. We then follow our main character, hitman extraordinare, Chev Chelios for the next hour as he runs around finding and exciting ways of charging the battery to keep himself alive as long as possible and trying to fix his body.

I have to admit, I am in equal parts pleased and disappointed with this movie. As a sequel , it's not bad. It gives us more of all the things that were enjoyable about the first movie. It doesn't take itself seriously and it doesn't even pretend to mix with logic. The actors do a good job with the material. It's funny, fast-paced, action-packed and overall a really good time. But it also doesn't serve its purpose as a sequel. It gives us nothing new, it more or less follows the same plot as the first movie and is practically cartoonish with how absurd it is. This is a film that is to be enjoyed and nothing more.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, but not to the people who was put off by something in the first film. Trust me, chances are it's gonna be in this one too. in fact, it's so similar that I'm more or less gonna Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V my recommendation from the first movie:

This movie is most definitely R-rated, so it is normally appropriate for 19+ age group. It contains mature elements, nudity, graphic scenes and is pretty unapologetic about the language. I definitely wouldn't recommend this for general family movie nights.

This movie is especially for the people who likes a healthy dose of humor with their action. On the other hand, it is not for the ones who get personally offended by the characters and their actions because there are plenty of questionable decisions taken in the movie. But if you can sit back and enjoy, you will have fun with this. If you're looking to turn off your brain for a bit and watch something you can be amused at, this is the movie for you.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐

Mavin

⭐?️SBENNY MARSHAL?️⭐
Member for 6 years
Loved this movie back then...good review

Pinkchrissy85

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Awesome loved it
Post automatically merged:

I loved both the Crank movies