Writer's Notebook

A place for members to share their own original writing.

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Deja Vu (John Wick/Santino D'Antonio)

royjackson

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
[snippet of a work in progress titled Full Circle]

Santino arched to his touch, as if a drowning man in a vast ocean. Only for John to pull Santino up, his shirt like water sluicing off his shoulder, down his body. The obstruction in Santino's throat receded, to be replaced by a damning thirst. He kissed John and it felt like a first breath of air, and for a moment he thought he'd never stop, parched as ever. Santino was ever so, so confused.

"I feel like I've known you before," was what Santino said after their mouths have parted, his lips brushing against John's chin. That was the thrush knocking against his skull, the niggling thought behind his mind and he'd never have thought he'd ever admit it. Except John had always made him intoxicated, just a little tipsy with desire and Santino feels that heady rush that follows as John pins him with that gaze that says far more than his words ever will.

Like a song I've sung before, but never got to finish… Like a dream I remember, but never had… He searched in John's eyes, and tried to remember if he's seen that intensity before, the way it follows him and feel its heat like a brand on his skin. But the way Santino's breath catches, surely he'd remember, surely he'd never forget, how breathing was both difficult and easy, every moment like time standing still…

He felt as if he's looking in the wrong direction, but how could it be? When he's sure he's in the right place, the closest he's ever been.

Santino closed his eyes and wished John would speak or make a sound, but the man stayed quiet as ever. And as all rabbits that Santino's chased, it evaded him once again, and all that's left inside him was a deep-seated ruin that's been his companion for a long, long time.