Writer's Notebook

A place for members to share their own original writing.

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Deluded Barbarian thinks he is human, actually a gnome.

mreeotw

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
I've been wanting to run this character for a while. He was raised from a baby by a barbarian tribe, and believes that he is just waiting for his growth spurt, but by age 33 he is beginning to wonder when it will happen. He goes out into the world to find the fountain of height, that his father told him about when he was a child. His greatest shame is that he can read, so he pretends to not be able to, but at the same time he can't stop himself from reading books that he comes across because he is curious. He only reads at night, or when he knows he is alone and no one can see him. He once killed a serving boy for barging into his room while he was reading and feels guilty about it to this day.

So any thoughts on how I can flesh this out some more?

Life Hacker

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
To be honest i guess you can research a little bit about Gnomes and try to write details about the looks of your MC(Main Character) as right now your character doesn't really paints a picture in the mind. Second thing is that the MC killing a servant and feeling guilty over it is the most (mind you) stupid you can instead change it into a scenario where the servant sees the MC reading and when he confronts him the MC confides in him and tell him about his ability to read the servent agrees to keep it a secret which creates a bond of strong friendship between the two
Post automatically merged:

And i guess instead of a barbarian tribe you say that the MC was taken in the care of dwarves instead it can make it much easier to hide the MC's true heritage which he finds later on in the story(if you are planning to write one) if you want any help feel free to pm me