💬 Review Diary of a Wimpy Kid #1

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,279 happy users since 2014.
Register

MrRahmadi12

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Diary of a Wimpy Kid #1

A funny and exciting read for people of all ages

Review:
I'll be honest with you: I found the last couple of Wimpy Kids books to be underwhelming, so I wasn't sure what I expected from yet another entry. Luckily, to my surprise, the gags proved funny consistently throughout the book, making this one of my favorite entries in the series.

As with many other books in the series, it takes a while for the actual plot to surface. But that's fine--the gags that open the book are quite amusing. And once the plot does surface, it proves to be an interesting one. Greg wants to go to a dance, but he has to find a date, so he has roped his friend Rowley into helping him. The drastic measures he's willing to take to get a girl's attention prove quite amusing.

One thing that really made this stand out from the other books in the series is that I really felt myself sympathizing with Greg. Sure, he's no angel, but he isn't as callous as he's been in the previous books. His amazing strokes of bad luck made me pity him.

By the way, one point of caution: if your kids seriously still believe that storks deliver babies, then don't get them this book. Greg talks about what it was like to be inside his mother's tummy.

Oh, and by the way, a 23-year-old is writing this review, so the book can be a fun, lighthearted read for adults as well.

Would you recommend this to other users? yup

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐