~*~ Discussion ~*~ Something from Childhood

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,117 happy users since 2014.
Register

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Hello everyone!
Have you ever tried to talk to a young family member or a child about something you did when you were younger and just got a blank stare?
Here we can share those things with each other and see if we had similar childhoods.

1540077477357.png

Leon0803

Novice Lv1️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Actually going into a store snd buying a game, beeing asked for age

Today youve got ps/xboxlive stores

Steam
Origin
Uplay
Discord even

Saved a lot of time, but much nostalgia lost

Also those 2mb ps2 safecards!

Deciding what safefile to overwrite on em xD

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Actually going into a store snd buying a game, beeing asked for age

Today youve got ps/xboxlive stores

Steam
Origin
Uplay
Discord even

Saved a lot of time, but much nostalgia lost

Also those 2mb ps2 safecards!

Deciding what safefile to overwrite on em :lol:

Remember having to blow out the cartridge on a Game Boy Game or Super Nintendo game? Or even the weird shaped N64 controller?

ellie

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
I love our current generation and I'm happy with the progress we're making but god, do I miss visiting old VHS/DVD rental stores as a kid with my mom, and getting to choose what movie we'll watch that evening. Owning your first GBA and using MSN/Skyrock(never used Myspace since it wasn't big in France during that time.) On another note, I remember when the internet didn't track almost everything you did, stole your information and even voice logs, to give you targeted ads. Just feels too creepy, or maybe I'm getting old haha!

Deleted Account

Deleted Account
Member for 5 years
I remember telling one of my nephews that we used to build go carts and have races and he looked at me with a totally bored expression and he said "now we can sit on the couch and race with ps games you people worked too hard and called it fun " 😂😂
He'll never get to experience true adrenaline!

OMG YES!!! And the fighting tournaments! and then the bets as you grow older <3

HopefullyAvi

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
I used to have 4-5 group of guys hanging out with(I was the only girl)
We used to climb up a roof and race to who can jump off a roof(not high ones, we aren't that stupid)

And also, i got hurt a lot,
Bruises everywhere? Yup, you bet i did.
Broken nose? 2-3 times.
Break some teeth? Yup 3 times.
Almost broke a leg? Yeah, rough times.

And also when it's rain while in school, we go out and use the rain as a shower.

MarkyMilly

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
I once told little kids how I used to play extreme bay blade

Grab a bottle cap or a small circular metal object, poke a hole. A battle each other. And the winner gets to slice the losers arm! I was pretty good at it until I was finally defeated one day

Enishi

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Probably the arcades. They have completely dissapeared from my country. That and the tamagochis.