💬 Review District 13: Ultimatum (2009)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,832 happy users since 2014.
Register

Anthea

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: District 13: Ultimatum (2009)

District 13: Ultimatum is the French parkour-filled action sequel to District 13. The film is written and produced by Luc Besson once again and brings back parkour artists David Belle and Cyril Raffaelli as Leïto and Damien.

Review:
*This review may contain spoilers for the previous film, District 13*

This movie is an worthy sequel to the first movie. As the previous movie, the stunts and actions performed for this film is amazing to watch, it is top-notch and does not disappoint. David Belle and Cyril Raffaelli are back and are glorious. I am a sucker for consistent characterization and writing and I have been blessed with both. Everything that made the first movie good is present in this one, except Lola. It would have been really nice to see her again, but let's just assume she moved to a different district to study or something and will be back later. We have a new storyline that is a continuation and the perfect amount of escalation of the previous one. I loved how the main conflict is quite literally the same as District 13 but it isn't because of bad writing, but because that is simply how reality is. We also get new characters that are unique and interesting and could probably carry their own spinoff movies.

The movie starts off three years after the events of the first movie and we see that the wall is still up, Leito is understandably pissed about it and he deals with it by blowing holes in it with bombs. I personally loved how his character was written. He could have been angsty and angry with the world and no one could blame him. He was promised and the promise wasn't kept. But instead he tries to create change himself however he can, is genuinely understanding of the efforts made by everyone inside the district and out and holds no grudge against Damien. On the other hand, Damien as a character is unfailingly loyal, just and stubborn, so much so that he's almost naive. These two together form a calm center in the film, which makes the action all the more enjoyable. I don't wanna spoil about the other characters, but it makes me really sad that more movies weren't made.

Would you recommend this to other users? Absolutely. I recommend the version with original French audio, DUB IS THE ENEMY. The official subs are good enough. It's suitable for teenagers and up. A family viewing is perfectly fine since there is no nudity or awkward romance scenes. Anyone fond of clean, fast action will surely love this.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited:

User9200

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
It's cool
Post automatically merged:

I really like it alot