💬 Review Divergent by Veronica Roth

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,783 happy users since 2014.
Register

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): eBook Download - Divergent Complete Series by Veronica Roth

The Divergent Series takes place in a distant future world where society has fallen and then been rebuilt. In order to keep things in check, and a balance between the people, five factions are put together. These factions are based on different virtues and qualities in people that come with certain skills and responsibilities: Abnegation the selfless, Dauntless the brave, Erudite the intelligent, Candor the honest, and Amity the peaceful. On a child's 16th birthday, they are forced to undergo a sort of test to evaluate their minds and decide whether or not they belong in the faction they grew up in or a different faction of their choosing. The test is designed to show them what they are most suited to. Once a faction is chosen, it is chosen for life. However, if it is determined that a candidate is "Divergent" or not suited to just one faction, they become targeted by the government and deemed a threat to their way of life.

Review:
When came time for Beatrice's test, it is quickly determined that she is "Divergent" and will not fit into any of the major factions. However, during the test, Beatrice discovers that she is Divergent and does her best to hide it. She then chooses to leave her faction for the Dauntless faction. Through this, she meets Four, another member of Dauntless and together they work to discover what is just so different about her kind, and why the government is so afraid to have someone like them exist.

As they start to explore their new lives together within Dauntless, they begin to realize things aren't always what they seem, and not just within the greater government. They start to notice how other Dauntless members are changing and that something isn't quite right. So they do their best to get to the bottom of that issue too.

The series is packed full of adventure and action. It shows how important it is to stand up and fight for what you believe in and not back down because something is hard. It is focused on the importance of self-discovery and learning to trust yourself and your instincts as you start to trust and learn about others. Most importantly, it is about never letting your past, and the notions you have growing up keep you from moving forward in life and making the decision to accept change. If you do, you will only be hurting yourself.

So many dystopian type books have been coming out over the last few years for young adults. The one main thing they all have in common is the importance they place on remembering that your generation is the future while always remembering to learn from your past. This book is no stranger to that. When Four and Tris begin to explore more and work towards their mission, that becomes more and more apparent. They struggle with trying to figure out which changes are the best to make, and how to go about those changes.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would highly recommend this series to young adult readers and even adults too. When I first read the first book, I was 17. I remember being so enthralled in the book that when we went to my Aunt's house for a family event I had a really hard time setting it down. She happened to pick up the book and read the back cover and was so interested in the concept that when we came over the next day for dinner (to eat leftovers) she had picked it up at the store and had gotten halfway through it already. Together, it was a great book to bond over. We had so many theories and ideas about where the book would lead to, and where it might end. As a result, we found ourselves racing to finish it so that we could talk about what we thought would happen in the next one. If you get the chance, I highly recommend you read it. @Moonblink posted the three books in a single ebook here, so if you do choose to read it, you won't have to wait for the next one to come out before you can read it, you can read them right away in order.

The only reason I am giving this book a four instead of a five is that towards the end, everything happened so quickly that it felt a bit rushed. I wish things had a bit more time to play out and transition into the next book.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Haha, thanks everyone! I've been wanting to get back into reviewing books more, but I just haven't had the time. I'm hoping that will change a bit moving forward though.

Magnificent

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Read this series and really enjoyed it. You totally get sucked in. Worth the read but be prepared to insurgent as well

Jessicat

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
I think your review on the book is very descript. Loved the series and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
I think your review on the book is very descript. Loved the series and would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Thank you, that's really sweet. I always have a hard time trying to write a review without revealing too much lol.

Orion00

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Je ne savais pas que le livre de divergence existait, je venais de voir la série et je l'aime bien. Je suis curieux de lire ce livre.

Jessicat

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
I have just watched the film again the other day and you know in some books where you have your favourite little moments, I feel like they missed so much from the book especially the relationship between Tris and four. I haven't written a review on a book yet. I know I would probably end up spoiling it for others lol

Alynn1012

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
This makes me want to find my books and reread them again!