Do you have a guilty pleasure game?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,531 happy users since 2014.
Register

se20299

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
My guilty pleasure is any MDickie game, because they are mostly train wrecks, but for some reason I legitimately enjoy them.

Eriserato

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Mine would probably be Hatoful Boyfriend and the Nancy Drew adventure game series. Hatoful Boyfriend because people just think of it as "that pigeon dating sim" but 1) you do not sex pigeons lol and 2) the true ending turns into a crazy murder mystery species war thing that is very entertaining (and sad). Nancy Drew because I feel like people might think they're silly and juvenile but I like adventure puzzle games and these usually have decent stories and good puzzles.

Also I googled "Mdickie games" and...I could see how they can be considered trainwrecks lol.

thelurker39

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
I once tried a game called grand theft auto V and the moment i press start button i regret it why because the game can teach you lot's of bad things specially when the game is played by minors the game is teaching how to commit various crimes such as drugs/sex/violence/mild language and racism i would not gonna let my child play this game when i become a parent myself one day.

!!But to tell you the truth i quite enjoy playing it when i become very stressful due too much work!!

Hrafn

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hrafn is fond of the Burger King games. Especially Pocketbike Racer. Glitchy but surprisingly fun.

Negosfo

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Clash of clan and boom beach for me the upgrade time take too long so i only needed to login once day

PoorKid028

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
minecraft... I mean, I feel like I shouldn't be playing this game

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 4 years
Mine would probably be Hatoful Boyfriend and the Nancy Drew adventure game series. Hatoful Boyfriend because people just think of it as "that pigeon dating sim" but 1) you do not sex pigeons lol and 2) the true ending turns into a crazy murder mystery species war thing that is very entertaining (and sad). Nancy Drew because I feel like people might think they're silly and juvenile but I like adventure puzzle games and these usually have decent stories and good puzzles.
Yes! Add me to the Nancy Drew games! I've played most, if not all, of the Her Interactive ones! I'm waiting for the latest one to go on sale before I buy it. Hahaha. Which one is your favorite? Mine might be "Shadow at the Water's Edge."

Eriserato

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
@lushorange
I have a big soft spot for Legend of the Crystal Skull, mainly due to the atmosphere and the setting (you can order gumbo to eat, case closed). I did also really like Alibi in Ashes since it had more to do with Nancy's own background/character, which is not something that's usually at the forefront of these games. Water's Edge was good but the story was so sad to me so that's all I remember when I think back on it lol.

And yes, the sales are a must :LOL:. I usually try to grab at least one when I see them go half off.

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 4 years
@lushorange
I have a big soft spot for Legend of the Crystal Skull, mainly due to the atmosphere and the setting (you can order gumbo to eat, case closed). I did also really like Alibi in Ashes since it had more to do with Nancy's own background/character, which is not something that's usually at the forefront of these games. Water's Edge was good but the story was so sad to me so that's all I remember when I think back on it lol.

And yes, the sales are a must :LOL:. I usually try to grab at least one when I see them go half off.
I think what I like the most about "Shadow at the Eater's Edge" was the overall creepy feel to it. Like even when you had scenes that were colorful, there was still that underlying unease. I don't think I ever had that feeling with any of the games, except maybe the Thornton Hall one...? I didn't like that feeling, but I was really impressed that they were able to convey that throughout the game. Plus, I loved collecting phone charms!

I forgot about "Alibi in Ashes"! Yes, I liked that, too. They didn't often spend time in her hometown, so it was great to see her in her natural element! Have you played the newest one yet?

Eriserato

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
I think what I like the most about "Shadow at the Eater's Edge" was the overall creepy feel to it. Like even when you had scenes that were colorful, there was still that underlying unease. I don't think I ever had that feeling with any of the games, except maybe the Thornton Hall one...? I didn't like that feeling, but I was really impressed that they were able to convey that throughout the game. Plus, I loved collecting phone charms!

I forgot about "Alibi in Ashes"! Yes, I liked that, too. They didn't often spend time in her hometown, so it was great to see her in her natural element! Have you played the newest one yet?
Yea Shadow at Water's Edge definitely spooked me. That scene in I think the public restroom, where you see the "ghost" in the mirror? I was like...why are my Nancy Drew games scaring me lmao.

Is the new one Midnight in Salem? I haven't bought it and the premise looks interesting but those steam reviews...looks like it was a step back compared to the other games in the series.

lushorange

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 4 years
Yea Shadow at Water's Edge definitely spooked me. That scene in I think the public restroom, where you see the "ghost" in the mirror? I was like...why are my Nancy Drew games scaring me lmao.

Is the new one Midnight in Salem? I haven't bought it and the premise looks interesting but those steam reviews...looks like it was a step back compared to the other games in the series.
Yes! Walking through the ryokan at night made me so anxious because I knew something was gonna happen with the ominous background music!

Yup, "Midnight in Salem" is the one that took like a year to complete, I think. I don't remember why it took that long. Oh no, that's disappointing! I haven't read the reviews yet, but I'll check them out. I'm curious now!

Halcyon Storm

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
I'm not sure if it would be considered a true 'guilty pleasure' game, but I have such a soft spot of Donkey Kong 64, and I will fully admit that is primarily nostalgia. Since my childhood days, I have learned that there are various other games in the genre that are infinitely more well-executed, like Banjo-Kazooie and Rayman 2: The Great Escape. However, DK64 is the one I will always come back to happily to give it yet another go. Also, yes the game is broken beyond belief, but in my opinion that just adds so much more to the fun you can have with the game.

Lumynis

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 3 years
Kana: Little Sister is a Japenese visual novel centered around the relationship between the main character, Taka and his titular little sister. It offers beautiful and meaningful depictions on themes of family and the impact of terminal illness, containing many heartwarming and/or heartwrenching moments. However, it is also undeniable that it includes unavoidable instances of incest, which probably would put most people off and makes it difficult and awkward to even try to broach the subject on most circles.