Do you think people can change?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,270 happy users since 2014.
Register

Do you think people can change?

• Total voters

Jwye

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
I completely forgot to make a thread yesterday. Honestly, I don't think anyone missed my daily question/conversation starter, but I like to stay on schedule, and now I feel like somethings missing. I guess that's why I chose a loaded question today.

My Answer:
For me, I think that it really depends on the person. I want to say that everyone can change, but sometimes I feel like that just isn't true. Those who grow up in a family where there are VERY STRONG beliefs could possible not be one for change since they have been learning and executing these beliefs for most of their lives. However, with work, I believe that change can happen. One quote I've heard about change from Lao Tzu is, "if you do not change direction, you might end up where you are heading", which is very true. Those who do not commit to change will end up exactly where they are headed. Think about it like a drawn pathway. You have a path already written down for you, but when as you walk, you reach a fork in the road. It is only up to you to decide if you want to continue down the same path or to break off into the new road ahead of you.

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
No.
Because I can speak from experience that I'm still that easily influenced retard. I heard this quote here, "People don't change they just becoming who they really are".
And that may as well be true, I'm not a good person and never will be, all I'm doing is lie to myself about it to make myself feels better.
That and (again), the human ego. "Everyone is the hero in their own story".

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
No.
Because I can speak from experience that I'm still that easily influenced retard. I heard this quote here, "People don't change they just becoming who they really are".
And that may as well be true, I'm not a good person and never will be, all I'm doing is lie to myself about it to make myself feels better.
That and (again), the human ego. "Everyone is the hero in their own story".
I respect your views but people CAN change, it depends to be honest.
Why do I say so? Because I changed myself. I never thought of working for this forum when I first came here, but now well.......see?
I ain't the hero of my story, while I'm the main character.

[you say you not a good person as if you are a terrorist or something]

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
I respect your views but people CAN change, it depends to be honest.
Why do I say so? Because I changed myself. I never thought of working for this forum when I first came here, but now well.......see?
I ain't the hero of my story, while I'm the main character.

[you say you not a good person as if you are a terrorist or something]
Tbh, I don't really care if people can change or not, nor do I care about whatever I am. Being what make me happy and not so annoying to other people is good enough :3
Again, we all commit not living and no problems caused Uwu

Jwye

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Tbh, I don't really care if people can change or not, nor do I care about whatever I am. Being what make me happy and not so annoying to other people is good enough :3
Again, we all commit not living and no problems caused Uwu
Although I agree with FoxInFlames, I think it really depends on the person's view on change. It comes down to the definition of the word itself. Change obviously can't happen overnight, else that person might be a little off with their definition of change. It takes time for someone to change, as it takes time to do many things in life. Change is many things. Sometimes change is a good thing, and sometimes it isn't. People can be split on whether it is good or bad—it depends on the person. Change in a person can be subtle—but then again, it's sometimes the subtle things that count—or can be drastic.

As for you, I support that notion. Everyone should be their own dictators. Do what makes you happy and be proud of who you are. Don't think that, even for a second, you are less than someone else. We are all equals (though some may fall because of their actions), and we are all human. Embrace yourself, love yourself, be kind to others and make them love themselves.

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
The Correct Answer Should be :- Yes
by many of the answers and opinions put above it seems to me that people here are considering 'change' as something in behaviour, attitude, good, bad, etc or something like someone did a mistake or turned into a evil person now the question comes that can he change? the answer is YES!. suppose if the change came in the above mentioned things like a person turned into a evil guy, this itself is a change. so the answer is yes xD. and the rest of the points have already have already been given by @Jwye
also the options should have been just put into yes or no but i assume that the author wanted to see our responses. but Who Am i to Judge?

RoninX

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hmmm, interesting question, but for me, the answer is yes. Why you ask? The thing is this, we don't change due to outside influence, everyone sees the world on a different way, for example a positive person would see a light at the end of the tunnel and affirm it's the exit, a negative will believe that it's something bad, like the end of the road, and a realist will see te train coming on the rail road, xdxd, sorry about that joke but now you probably see were I'm going, the only way to change it's to change your mind and your way of perceive your reality.

D sam

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 4 years
The answer is: Yes
As to why, I see it everyday, like yesterday I wanted to wear a blue shirt and today I liked my red shirt better...

treki009

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 4 years
Yes. I always believe people can change for a better...be the best version of themselves 😊💕

Last edited: