💬 Review Doctor Strange

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,656 happy users since 2014.
Register

Kiradish

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Doctor Strange

Film based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name, Doctor Strange introduces us to characters and points that will be pivotal in future Marvel Cinematic Universe films.

Review:
Despite being a huge fan of the Avengers, I was slight skeptical of Doctor Strange. A character we hadn't seen yet with no apparent links to the group we had come to know as The Avengers. I was delighted to be presently surprised by how much I liked this film.
Engaging, well written and well rounded characters. Funny, interesting dialogue without too much mystical (or medical!) jargon meaning I was intrigued but not confused. A plot that stood perfectly well on its own or as part of the MCU. Acting was brilliant, as was to be expected from big names like Benedict Cumberbatch and Tilda Swinton.
I thoroughly enjoyed Doctor Strange and look forward to rewatching after seeing the rest of the films in the MCU as, no doubt, I will discover so many more points and Easter eggs. The trademark careful craftsmanship of Marvel films can especially be felt with Doctor Strange, setting up plots and developing characters who will, in later films, play huge parts in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Does not spoil later films and yet I would not say is essential viewing for later MCU films. However it does greatly enhanced satisfaction of certain plot points in later films.
High enjoyable film for any fan of superhero films with exactly the right balance of action, fantasy, suspense and character arcs.

Would you recommend this to other users? Absolutely. It does feel very comic book film so if that's not your thing I may suggest it isn't for you, but any comic book film fan should absolutely watch.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Buffy

In Love Lv4️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
I loved Dr. Strange slight slow build somewhat like Venom but very very rewarding if you stick with it.

Mars018

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Love the effects, Cumberbatch is great for the role. It's a bit different than the other marvel movies