💬 Review Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,102 happy users since 2014.
Register

Baklatalagaako

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King

Dolores Claiborne once worked for Vera Donovan. Suspected of killing her, she then had an interview and said, "I did not kill that bitch." However, she did tell something about her dead husband, Joe St. George. In a recorded interview, she finally cleared her conscience by spilling her dark secrets about her life as a worker for the rich old woman and as a wife of Joe St. George.

Review:
Her life is dark, raw, and sad.
The book is written from 1st point of view and it was her words alone you will see in the book.
Her life as a mother and as a domestic worker made me sad/cry and laugh. Her life may be full of downs, but, it did not stop her from pursuing a better life, and as a kick ass character, she did what she ought to do: Keep on moving. Just like she said,

"Sometimes you have to be a high riding bitch to survive, sometimes, being a bitch is all a woman has to hang on to."

Dolores as a mother is what really stood out in the book. She did everything for her children, especially for her daughter, Selene. She defended her to her abusive and manipulative husband. She did everything just so that every child of hers will have a good life.

Her confession was clear and very detailed. Detailed enough for every police that was with her in her interview now know who she is as a person and how much she had suffered all throughout her years.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would recommend this for people who want a book by Stephen King and is "short." This, along with The girl who loved Tom Gordon, Is one of the short and underrated novels of his. The novel is a psychological thriller novel.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐