💬 Review Don't Breathe (2016)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,796 happy users since 2014.
Register

TheKingOfLimbo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Don't Breathe (2016)

Three delinquents break into the house of Norman, a Gulf War veteran who is blind, to steal his money. However, much to their horror, they discover that Norman is not as defenceless as he seems.

Review:
Don't Breathe (2016)

Don't Breathe was a horror thriller film produced and directed by Fede Alvarez.

Story:

Before you start, yeah yeah, I haven't watched this movie until now.

The movie's premise is actually fun. I didn't expect much in the film.

The first half of the film was quite good, it had some pretty suspense filled scenes, and I was actually having a bit of a small dart of anxiety throughout the film.

The twists and turns - are kinda predictable. There were some pretty cheap thrills and some pretty dumb characters.

As most horror films go, there are some pretty dumb characters, and it's just the same with this one. There were some part where I thought the twist was just… dumb.

I didn't like any of the characters at all. It was actually kind of hard to find the character we would root for. In my mind, all I kept saying was, "told ya."

Music:

I liked the music. I felt that it could've been better, but it's actually quite good. It added a lot to the film's suspense.

Visuals:

First of all, I really appreciate the cinematography. I liked how they played around with the camera, and even managed to get some pretty good shots. But the fight scenes could've been a bit better.

I liked the atmosphere that they had built. At times it felt confusing, and the place was too damn dark, but it was done well.

So basically my opinion of the film is just - *shrug*

I didn't hate it, I was just not a big fan of it. Hey don't get too mad at me, this is just my honest opinion of it.

There were some pretty good scenes, but it just came a bit too over the top for me. It's still a pretty good thriller flick, if you're looking for something to get your heart going, but personally, it just wasn't for me. I could still appreciate that it was a fill made well (although a bit flawed)

[Spoiler Warning! From this point on, there will be spoilers]
So for anyone wondering what went wrong (at least for me) on the twists was the second part of the film. The first part, with the scene where the first guy gets killed, and the girl goes in the closet was actually good. Don't get me wrong, any movie can pull of a good amount of ridiculousness (look at Parasite) but I felt that this movie could've done it better. The part where Alex (Dylan Minnette) gets 'killed' and turns out he wasn't, felt just too cliched. I know the guy was blind, but it felt cheap to me that he missed (or somehow didn't realize that he stabbed the wrong one) he could've stabbed more and more just to make sure.

I think there were so much plot holes.
[END OF SPOILERS]
I think this film is one of those 'hate it or love it' but suffice to say, I didn't love it. Personally, that's just me - so if you loved it, don't go hating on me too much lol.

2.5/5

Would you recommend this to other users? Uh yeah sure. Not sure if it's totally for me, but I think some of you might go scared of it.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐