💬 Review Easy A

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,334 happy users since 2014.
Register

owlsinatrenchcoat

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Easy A

Olive Pendergast lies about losing her virginity, to which the lie snowballs completely out of control as she tries to help the underdog guys at her school lie with her.

Review:
I've loved this movie since the first time I've seen it! Emma Stone was the perfect person to cast in this role as she delivers the snappy, sarcastic, and sometimes hilariously overdramatic jokes with ease. Olive isn't played up to be more attractive than her peers or smarter, she's just got a sense of humour and a tendency to get in a little over her head, so she's relatable to a lot of teens aside from the school wide conspiracy she ends up starting.

The movie also includes Alyson Michalka, Amanda Bynes, Stanley Tucci, Lisa Kudrow, and other fantastic actors that all play a part in the snappy humour. Olive also has a love for John Hughes movies, with then translates into how her own story is narrated as well as references to movies like The Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller here and there to tie it together.

A warning to those who may be sensitive to sexual assault, while the movie never portrays any violent interaction with anyone in the movie there is a small part heading into the climax of the movie where someone does try to take advantage of Olive. Be aware of this if those themes make you uncomfortable.

It's a wonderful movie that I'll gladly watch a thousand times before I'll ever get bored!

Would you recommend this to other users? Definitely! I'd say it's definitely a PG-13 movie, but it's one you have to see if you like the sound of a modern John Hughes romcom.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐