Emulation Shut Down

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,134 happy users since 2014.
Register

How do you feel about Nintendo shutting down roms and emulators?

• Total voters

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Keep a hold of all your roms. You can zip up a folder and upload to userdownloads.com which we use here. However you can always keep roms. I will see if emuparadise will be taking them down because there are many international rom sites that don't have any care about dmc

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
We WILL find..a Way, somehow. Guaranteed.

Please do share. Learn and read about usersdownload
You will <3 it and get used to it.
Also a Guarantee.

Nintendo bets on masses that accepted that..they are powerless.
There is some Truth in that.
Laziness and Naive in thinking the world is still like it used to be.

Claim Back Your Dignity!
Be Strong. Be Smart. Sharing is Love.
A Nice B'day Resolution..no?
:blushdroid:
Post automatically merged:

Keep a hold of all your roms. You can zip up a folder and upload to userdownloads.com which we use here. However you can always keep roms. I will see if emuparadise will be taking them down because there are many international rom sites that don't have any care about dmc
Bro..drain it all up b4 regretting later on. NOW!
:winkdroid:

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Dang. They are taken down. Looks like I am going to torrent every rom I can and start a portal for them. Like I care about dmca in country. We sell pirated software and dvds on the street and we copy everything from nike to guchi and make it all look legit. Come get me suckas..

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Its my official goal over the next week to get every single rom for all consoles and their emulators for computers and android.

Then put up an offshore portal or just create an ftp portal.

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
I am downloading 22 gigs of roms and emulators. There are about 3 terabytes out there, so once I figure out where I want to store them, I will pull them all in and move them accordingly. It seems I am a bit late on this train, but it kind of makes you think about how far these companies (like nintendo) will go to take down stuff. I mean, its a nintendo game from 1989 to 1993, and its not like Nintendo is rebooting them. They are just doing it so that if they want to reboot one on a virtual console or nintendo virtual game in a web browser/android, then they dont want roms in the way of their money. If the switch didn't do so well, they would be losing their IP to buyouts to keep their company alive. Before the switch, they were going down fast.

Terrible companies.

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
Nintendo must have plans for a digital library system for oldies, like Sony and Xbox does.
Big money in Japan itself. Sells like hot-cakes.
A Matter of currency-conversion rates.

Trust me..your children will LOVE for that.
They already do.
:inlovedroid:

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
They do have some ideas, for some, and have some available now.. but not the entire collection. And I don't see an HD remix of Super Mario Bro's #1 coming out ever in the future. Or battletoads for that matter.

Sony knows which games they can remake, launch on something like PS Now, which was/is the testing zone for the future of all digital, all streaming consoles, no more need for hardcore hardware when it will just be a portal through which to play games with an ethernet port and a set of controllers.

Same with Microsoft. They aren't sitting around thinking about ps1 or sega master system roms. Because who cares about the original version of "a boy and his blob". What they think their customers want is ultra 5k high def, pore showing, action packed, across the world multiplayer, shoot everyone and ask questions later type games.

And if they focus on FF1 or the original top down addams family roms, they lose all this time focusing on the games for the younger gen. The older gen, who do not necessarily buy most consoles these days, sit back and play their roms on their phones. They aren't buying consoles like the switch, because they don't have but 10 minute breaks and hour lunches to play, and then go home dog tired to their kids and just fall into bed.

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
Probably just a suit with a tie that NEVER play those games..made the decision.

He/She doesnt have your knowledge and nostalgic memories of each particular game..hence, just ALL got wrapped up.

We do Understand that.
Hence..the Alternative Way.
Be Independent and Be FREE for e va!

KhanTipaS

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
--- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Lol. So I have already downloaded 6k games for old systems and will be sorting and putting it altogether. Maybe this weekend I will work out an ftp scheme and utilize discord or something.