Finally, no more double posts! (Staff will be happy LOL)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,380 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Hello guys, I just implemented a new script which is able to detect when a double post is made. From now on, rather than adding a new post to the topic, the first one will be instead modified, adding the new post on a new line.

Here's the appearence:

A few precisations:

• This script does detect only posts made within 2 minutes. Meaning that they wont be merged if more than 120 seconds passed since the last post from the same user. This way only *accidental* double posts will be blocked.
• This script does not affect any staff members, including me.
• Each time a double post is submitted, a message specifying the edit time will be automatically added. This could be removed from the author by simply editing his post, if he doesn't want to show the time it was edited.
• For the moment the script applies to the whole forum, but if in the future we'll have some particular needs (off-topic posts) I can set different rules for each forum category.

Feel free to test it below if you wish to, I'm pretty sure it should work properly but nobody is better than you guys to test things :p

This should make a topic more clear and it will save time to staff members who will not need to warn users anymore for double posting.

Hope you like it.