💬 Review [Game Review] Dwarrows

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,933 happy users since 2014.
Register

ChisledPenAndPaper

⚔️:1 ?️:1 ❤️:1
Member for 3 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: [Game Review] Dwarrows

It's a Town Management game that revolves around puzzles, hidden objects, and pet taming. Somehow combining the elements properly so it's not boring.

Review:
Below is a rating system out of 5 ⭐. The rating system is as follows. 1⭐ is Terrible, 2⭐ is Poor But Tolerable, 3⭐ is Average or Mediocre, 4⭐ is Good or Enjoyable, while 5⭐ is Amazing. I will be rating Graphics, Sound, Storyline (If it has one), Bugs/Glitches, Challenge, Replay-ability, as well as Stream Entertaining.

-=- Graphics -=-
⭐⭐ : Unfortunately, the graphics look like something out of a late 1990s era or early 2000s game. It lacks subtle polish as you can see certain areas where the framework of the level design is cut off in the overworld. The puzzle areas are polished however, as if they were done at a far later date during development or by a different designer. However, the character sprites are pretty enjoyable to watch which breaks the medium.

-=- Sound -=-
⭐⭐⭐ : The music while repetitive is actually soothing. It's worth a listen and only gets boring after you get frustrated with timing of certain puzzles. It's not amazing, but it's not bad.

-=- Storyline -=-
⭐⭐⭐⭐ : Without giving too much away; the story is actually really enjoyable. As with most games of this caliber, the real story isn't revealed at the start. It's once you start doing the main missions assigned to you by the Mayor, the Queen, and the Mysterious Guest you find in the ruins. If you're good at solving things, you can find out quite a bit from gleaning information out of their basic conversations which paints a rather interesting picture.

-=- Bugs & Glitches -=-
⭐⭐⭐⭐ : The game is relatively polished and has very few bugs. I only encountered one myself, but the recent patches fixed that.

-=- Challenges -=-
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ : The puzzles in this game are of moderate difficulty, that most will be done fairly easily. The harder ones however present challenges with timing, location, or revealing information. They are quite fun to solve. In addition, there is a Pet Taming system you will master through a bit of grinding, impatience, and collection to catch 'em all. Finally, mini-quests present unique problems to the players that go from racing to crafting jars of "spices" (Which I refuse to believe they are spices). You will be challenged by this game or at the very least, limitations of people that do not know how to live their lives without being directed to.

-=- Replay-ability -=-
⭐⭐⭐⭐ : I would say this is a really interesting game to play or just sit down with. You may not finish the main game and just build up your town how you want it, or go for that 100% route to find the hidden collectibles. You will enjoy not doing the main mission as you collect rabbits, bears, and lizards (Oh my).

-=- Stream-Entertaining (Fun To Watch) -=-
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ : I am sure that if you put this up onto a stream, people would watch it only at the start because they don't know what it was, but ended up loving what it is. It's a game that you can play for hours only to realize HOURS had passed. I can't say too much without spoiling the game for folks; but it's worth a look to see if you'd like it. It does get better after the tutorial {immensely so}.

-=- Overall Rating -=-
⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ : In short, an amazing game fell through the cracks. Play it, watch it, love it.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, very much so if you enjoy town building, resource management, while at the same time a bit of pet taming & puzzle solving.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐