💬 Review Genshin Impact

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,048 happy users since 2014.
Register

luckyseven

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Genshin Impact

Genshin Impact is an action RPG game made and published by Chinese game company, miHoyo. It's style is highly reminicent of anime and has an open world mechanic that let's player explore the vast world of Teyvat. It has been compared to the hit game Legend of Zelda: Breathe of the Wild due to its exploration mechanics but the thing the sets Genshin Impact apart is its gacha aspect.

Review:
Genshin Impact is one of the break out hits of 2020 and through 2021 it has steamrolled through the PC and mobile gaming scene. Personally, I got back to gaming due to Genshin and it has been one hell of a ride ever since I first started playing. Right now, it has been about 6 months since I started and I have very high hopes that I'll continue supporting and playing the game.

GRAPHICS / ART STYLE: 10/10
What made me start playing Genshin was those YouTube ads of the game the keeps popping every once in a while. I was captivated by the graphics presented since it looked like it came straight out of an anime. The characters and the environment seemed so vibrant and full of life I became intrigued about it. Starting the game for the first time, I was shocked to see how the advertisements really showed the beauty of the Genshin's world. There are very many games wherein its ads are meant to entice you to play but it turns out to be lackluster during the game. Great effort was made to make sure that Genshin's world would entice the player to keep playing for long. Each area has its own special charm different from each other which makes it fun to explore and take wonderful scenic shots. The great artstyle isn't just limited to the game's scenery but also its characters. You can see the amount of effort that the game developers made in terms of character design. Each and every single playable character has their own peculiarities in design that ties in with the stories and background of the character.

OPEN WORLD MECHANIC: 8/10
Genshin's gameplay is highly reminiscent of Legend of Zelda: BoW and for me that's totally fine! Some criticize it for this aspect but its about time that mobile game developers start thinking big about their new games so this was definitely a welcome choice. Genshin prides itself on its vast world wherein the map is littered with chests, puzzles, and of course adventure. It was fun during the first 4 months of gameplay where I explored each available area trying to look for new things to do and discover. But around the 5th month of playing where I've mostly finished all quests and discovered almost all chests, the exploration fell flat and it became a reptitive chore of exploring during the daily quests.

GRINDING / FARMING: 3/10
The honeymoon phase was over once I reached Adventure Rank 40 because Genshin's endgame is its never ending grind for better equipment / artifacts. During the beginning it felt somewhat fun albeit time consuming since I'm the type of player who loves seeing my characters and party progress but boy oh boy was I wrong. The progress I wanted to enjoy in seeing my characters get stronger is blocked by the neverending layers of RNG this game has. The chance of getting the one good artifact for a single character can take weeks or even months and mind you a character has 5 artifact slots to fill. In short RNG makes character progression feel like s**t in Genshin.

GACHA: 4/10
I've played my share of gacha and I knew I needed to be careful with Genshin lest I succumb to it. I've always viewed the gacha mechanic in games as somewat scummy since it's basically gambling with pixels as the prize. I have to say though that Genshin's gacha system is somewhat forgiving that other gacha games I've played. The pity system in character banners ensures that you can get a rare/5 star character or weapon. But this still doesn't change the fact that the gacha system enables the gambling addiction of players so nope.

STORY: 10/10
Another thing Genshin excels at. Genshin's lore is one of the best in the mobile games I've played so far because of how everything ties in together. From the character stories to the quest and even to the lore of weapons or artifacts, great effort was made by miHoyo. This is one of the reasons why the world of Genshin feels so alive, there's a story for almost all its entirety.

Would you recommend this to other users? Would reccomend it definitely! But I advise that new players understand what gacha is since its a rampant part of the game and it needs to be understood that it can lead to gambling problems. Another advise is to treat the game casually. Lots of things are going on in the game that makes you want to explore in one go but I advise to take it slow. Genshin is far from over and it's endgame right now isn't very fun so enjoy the exploration at your own pace! And of course happy gaming

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

RubyRanc

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Nice review, i think i am going to try this game by myself.