💬 Review Ghost Stories (2017)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,817 happy users since 2014.
Register

ZenoniaLvr

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Ghost Stories (2017)

A skeptic professor named Phillip Goodman took on 3 unexplained cases of apparitions. Unexpectedly saddling up on a horrifying trip on learning what's real.

Review:
This movie revolves around a man named Phillip Goodman, a professor of Parapsychology. He explains things behind 'supernatural experiences' or ghost sightings on how things isn't as it seems and that is why he is skeptic on everything about it.
One day, he got a mail containing 3 cases of people experiencing anomalies. A night watchman played by Paul Whitehouse, a teenager played by Alex Lawther and businessman played by Martin Freeman. The movie really takes you in with the characters and on how every stories by the 3 people gets ridiculously and terrifyingly become so unbelievable and yet seems like they are telling the truth. While all of this is happening, he deals with his own unexplained apparitions that maybe made the stories of the 3 interviewee more believable to him.

I like everything about it. It's gritty, horrifying, a bit of comedy and so impressively creepy that you'll feel what Goodman will be feeling by the end. It has that build up of story on which is such a worthy thing to blow up in the ending.
One thing I won't forget is how well the actors portrayed their roles. I really can't say more as it will spoil the whole experience for you. This movie is as perfect as it is, especially it's documentary style of filming. And one more thing, I love Alex Lawther.

Would you recommend this to other users? Very highly recommended. This movie is so underrated that is need to be watched by all. I'd say it has a better premise than The Babadook.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐