Graphics gang or Gameplay gang?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,925 happy users since 2014.
Register

Graphics gang or Gameplay gang

• Total voters

kedric

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Gameplay is the important than graphic , we have noticed that some old videogames are still enjoyable more than newer one , they have charm or something that still attract us , we can still spend days playing older games than playing newer games for hours and dont forget that newer games with good graphic are shorter than older one

Vibratto

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Gameplay!! Old or ugly-ish graphics can even be charming and distinctive for a game in our time. But bad gameplay is annoying and can even make you wish you threw the game out of a window.

RoeExinani

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
✌️ Community Team
Verified 18+ user
Member for 3 years
Definitely gameplay. Some pixelated games make great horror games without even trying or you see masterpieces like Stardew Valley that look old school, but have amazing stories.

Aladdin57474

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
I'd say Gameplay because even if some games look like they're put in the oven for too long and start melting everything else about the game itself can make people more drawn into it whether story or characters or mechanics or so on and so forth

agarriberri

Bond. Jack Bond.
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Active User
Member for 5 years
On one hand, you have Cyberpunk, one of the most beautiful games since the Witcher, which delivered a buggy and botched mess. On the other, you have Half-Life, with dated graphics, but good gameplay and a superb story. You can decide for yourself.

Benny The One

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
Personally, I was always a Pokémon fan when growing up. And let's be honest, the graphics weren't that good. Sure it was a good pixelization. But then there were games like Super Mario 64 back in the 90's that had amazing graphics. Let's be honest here, how many 3D games were there back in the 90's. So for that, I'm a proud member of the gameplay gang

kedric

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Personally, I was always a Pokémon fan when growing up. And let's be honest, the graphics weren't that good. Sure it was a good pixelization. But then there were games like Super Mario 64 back in the 90's that had amazing graphics. Let's be honest here, how many 3D games were there back in the 90's. So for that, I'm a proud member of the gameplay gang
i remember the old days when i was playing pokemon blue and yellow , silver and cristal even they look a little ugly or weird regarding the remake , but i still love them , even i remember how spooky was entring the zubat cave for the first time and the OST playing then , even for the first dark cave which i didn't teach my pokemon to use flash (because it was impossible to undo then)
even the difficulty was higher than newer pokemon games

Mws94

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Gameplay is upmost important but in this day and age, a certain level of graphics or artistic design is just as essential.

Lundabad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 2 years
If one wants to be in the Graphics gang one needs to needs to have a constant funding ready to satiate their needs for that 4K 60FPS Gameplay.

In today's market of semiconductor shortage and high prices of GPUs for PCs and latest ASUS RoG phones getting more & more expensive. I would say that the Graphics gang is dwindling away. Also, the fact that the latest GPU you will buy by selling your kidneys will become old & outdated in just a year. So, I don't see any merit in being in the Graphics gang other than wasting your hard earned money away.

So, obviously Gameplay is where everyone is, was & will always be flocking to. As a game with a good story / characters but low graphics requirement has better outreach and thus gets more traction than triple A games these days.

For instance, Final Fantasy VII - Remake held on to the hype only for 3-4 months at most as game was huge and so was its graphics requirement so, only the people with the elusive Playstation V and the expensive PCs were able to enjoy it to the fullest while others were just satisfied with watching the gameplay footage in youtube & twitch and the hype ended as quickly as it began. At the same time games like Doki Doki Literature Club, Undertale & Deltarune had awesome stories and next to nothing for graphics requirements and had a huge fan following. Why because everyone was able to download and play it in their potato PCs and thus more people actually playing and the story led to the creation of a very strong fanbase.

Last edited: