💬 Review guns akimbo (2019)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,197 happy users since 2014.
Register

axelleviii

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: guns akimbo (2019)

miles was just a regular guy who hated his job and had a pretty uneventful life. then, skizm happened and he found himself running for his life.

Review:
the basic premise of this movie is that there's an online reality stream called skizm that pits criminals and psychopaths against each other in death matches. miles is just a regular guy, who works for a game developer that makes one of those super addictive phone games. he's trying to move on after his ex-girlfriend dumped him. one of his hobbies is to troll people on facebook. one night, he gets bored enough to troll people in the comments section of the skizm stream. he receives a threatening message from the administrator and hastily closes his laptop, but is distracted by a text from his ex-girlfriend nova. after making some plans with her, strange men show up at his apartment and haul him off. the next morning he wakes up with guns bolted to his hands, as a new competitor in skizm against his will, and he needs to survive being hunted by nix... who just so happens to be the best contestant and a fan favorite.

the movie has a lot of bright, flashing colors and innovative camera angles. i would be careful if you get motion sickness or epilepsy, as it could be triggering.

the story is fast-paced and gory, with a lot of very entertaining kill shots. it's listed as action and comedy, the comedy is mostly one-liners and sarcastic humor, including a scene where miles has to try to use the bathroom without shooting himself in his manhood with his newly acquired gun hands.

my only complaints are that the movie has a kind of... plot-hole-y ending that isn't fully explained, but nevertheless it's a wild ride and i would still say it's worth watching if you like shoot 'em ups.

Would you recommend this to other users? yes, especially if you like action. i will warn for people who are sensitive to light, bright colors, or shaky cam.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐