Hacking into websites?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,775 happy users since 2014.
Register

Clara Deshiva

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
tbh, hacking a website and modding a game is completely different, if you wanna hack a website you should learn pentesting first

DougnutknowU

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
This would a little too late reply from me you can first learn how to use html for the basic website making.

Kdn

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
first thing is install vmware and setup a linux virtual machine (kali linux comes with most hacking tools preinstalled), then install these packages

nikto - install this and run it against your target website, it looks for all known vulnerabilities
dirb - searches for all common sub directories - really useful for finding admin only sections
metasploit - another epxloit scanner

Ccrash

The World's Greatest Cliffhanger!
Member for 4 years
...Great, do I have to live in constant fear now that someone would hack my website? Q____Q

Kdn

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
To be honest the chances of finding a vulnerability on an apache server is almost zero. The only chance you have to hack (or be hacked) is if you are using some out of date addons (joomla, wordpress etc). Apache and even IIS are pretty rock solid.

But there are fun things you can do, for example I found a website that was selling software I wanted, using dirb I found their "hidden" download directory and simply downloaded all their software for free.

Lordkyoukan

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Don't forget about the process of hacking in just to plant viruses and worms to kill servers. And fry PC's

0roxson0

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
You would need an axe and a pair of strong arms.

Desde13

In Love Lv4️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Well it is rare that you find a site that has a blatant vulnerability. Easy thing for me is a SQL injection. If you were really lucky you can do a dns what is it called an intercept? I can't remember the right word without switching my keyboard and I'm trying to sleep. It is where you sort of sneak in by riding on the bears tail. In school we played with this to learn how to prevent it. SQL injection is more likely because most sites query the usual commands for being carried in. Even SQL injections all they have to do is block some processes or block some commands which most do automatically and that is done.

It is why most people use the sub orbital ion canon to cause chaos and usually you can use injections during that because some organizations are still dumb enough to keep trying to have the lights on and instead of turning off access by shutting down for a couple hours they let their servers be punch repeatedly in the face when they are struggling to stay awake. It is easy to force a pill down someone's throat when they can barely think to close their mouth.

I like it when people try to do that to one of my clients. Most are small to medium sized networks. Full of dumb people. I have to tell them that it is like a rope-a-dope where you let them wail on you till they tire themselves out and you can take them out with a combination of jabs.

Oh... Easiest way... Whaling. Find information on social media about leadership and email structure and send phishing emails to the leadership. Most companies are too dumb to realize that a CEO should not have a super admin account since they will be the most targeted.

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
I would have Hacked a leeching site, whom I hate a lot, if I knew website hacking :(