Halloween Event 2020

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,724 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chione Jem

not caffeinated enough
Member for 4 years
You could see someone who looks exactly like you, except there's a wicked smile playing on this person's lips. If this happened to someone else, you know they would scream, they would run for their life, but not you, of course not you. You've always been different from most people, you're special— no, you two are special because you have something that other people don't. Instead, for the first time in your life, you don't hold back from saying all the curse word your brain is capable of thinking at a moment like this, how could you not? Your very own twin which right now is doubled over laughing just scared the hell out of you, you weren't sure on whether who was the mistake before, but now you know, and revenge of course is all you could think of on the way home.

(Something's wrong with me, I'm incapable of writing anything that's actually scary. 😂😭)
PicsArt_10-30-03.58.29.png

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
You could see someone who looks exactly like you, except there's a wicked smile playing on this person's lips. If this happened to someone else, you know they would scream, they would run for their life, but not you, of course not you. You've always been different from most people, you're special— no, you two are special because you have something that other people don't. Instead, for the first time in your life, you don't hold back from saying all the curse word your brain is capable of thinking at a moment like this, how could you not? Your very own twin which right now is doubled over laughing just scared the hell out of you, you weren't sure on whether who was the mistake before, but now you know, and revenge of course is all you could think of on the way home.

(Something's wrong with me, I'm incapable of writing anything that's actually scary. 😂😭)
View attachment 65419
Nah, it doesn't have to be scary 😆
Yours is interesting because it completely threw me off from what you're getting at 🤣
It still better than mine because I can't think of a happy forever after ending 😇

Anudeep123

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
f6914f5df797e6588e65c669e9962e9c.gif

This is In front of me...this is what saw in that dark woods..i couldn't move and I couldn't utter a word because I was frightened like hell and I stood there and it was coming to me and immediately I had my eyes closed but I can still hear those footsteps and then it grabbed me by neck and then I got up from bed from a freaking nightmare dream on halloween😁

SugOnDeezNutz

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
As you turned around... A green figure occupied your vision, your eyes widen in shock! You couldn't believe what you're seeing! "it couldn't be!... No, It can't be!" You thought as you take a step back, away from the figure. The figure, it was Shrek!

Untitled13_20201031025750.png

Shrek took a step towards you, looking menacing. You shudder as cold sweat started dripping down to your face, you don't know what to do! You might've accidentally stumbled upon his swap earlier or something but you couldn't care less now, you just wanna go home. You took a deep breath and gulp, mustering courage before you started sprinting as fast as you can- you don't where to go but that didn't stopped you, you kept on running and running. But you can feel Shrek is running after you, trailing you uncomfortably close. After what seems like forever, you somehow got out of that hell hole, you don't what just happened there but you're just glad you're out.

(Asdfghjkl :'0000 I tried— I rarely write stuff but I hope u it like it!! <33 <:'DDD )

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
As you turned around... A green figure occupied your vision, your eyes widen in shock! You couldn't believe what you're seeing! "it couldn't be!... No, It can't be!" You thought as you take a step back, away from the figure. The figure, it was Shrek!

View attachment 65445

Shrek took a step towards you, looking menacing. You shudder as cold sweat started dripping down to your face, you don't know what to do! You might've accidentally stumbled upon his swap earlier or something but you couldn't care less now, you just wanna go home. You took a deep breath and gulp, mustering courage before you started sprinting as fast as you can- you don't where to go but that didn't stopped you, you kept on running and running. But you can feel Shrek is running after you, trailing you uncomfortably close. After what seems like forever, you somehow got out of that hell hole, you don't what just happened there but you're just glad you're out.

(Asdfghjkl :'0000 I tried— I rarely write stuff but I hope u it like it!! <33 <:'DDD )
You forgot his quote! 🤣
Very interesting indeeds, almost as much as your name, how lovely 😅😂

Happy Halloween 🥳
And good luck in the contest!
Good luck to everyone too! 😏

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
…an indiscernible figure (despite the moon’s light shining over the both of you) with pitch black eyes that threatened to suck you in like a black hole that leads to a space devoid of life and silver chains that glint under the light and hang onto its wrists, feet and neck. Rooted to the spot by its accusingly magnetic yet hazardous gaze, you could do nothing else but blink but as you open your eyes, the silhouette wasn’t there, like it didn’t exist at all and it was just your imagination. You decide to take the chance and run like the wind through the moon-illuminated trees, directions be damned, until you eventually run out of stamina and drop with a painful thud onto the ground. “Running is hopeless,” you conclude as you curl up into a ball while your breathing escalates to being too erratic, difficult and painful to manage, your eyes (that are tightly shut) begin to fill with tears and whispered screams assault your ears. As a pitiful attempt to stay even remotely sane and conscious, you open your tearful eyes and with your fuzzy, flickering gaze, you can identify blurry, humanoid outlines, that same unidentifiable figure and flashing colours of red and blue in the background before you unsuccessfully mutter an apology and your consciousness is sucked in by those very same pitch black eyes in the dark.

Note 1: Before anyone says anything, some words are spelled differently because of the difference between American-English and British-English spellings, so I apologise for the presumed inconvenience.

Note 2: I wanted this to be an extended metaphor about guilt and running away from it, but perhaps I either went too far or got way too sidetracked and complicated. I'm not used to writing stories with only five sentences. GCSEs do that to you sometimes. Plus, it was 3 AM when I made this. I was bored so may as well.

Note 3: I put too many commas. Oops.

Note 4: Changed out the 'me' and 'us' because I apparently didn't spot it while proof-reading. Who'dathought? And I'm used to writing in first person, so-
It's okay, I tend to go heavy with the commas too. English wasn't my first language and I try to spell things the way we say them. In my head, just about every break gets a comma if it's not the end of the sentence. Lol.

I really love what you did with your story though. I think we'll have to incorporate more writing prompts in future contests and events. I had no idea we had so many wonderful creative writers here!

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years

View attachment 65419
There's absolutely no problem with that :D. The whole point of this event is to bring out everyone's creativity. I think you thought outside the box and came up with something fantastic :D

Ace Jack

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
A MIRROR!!! that reflects your whole despicable face which you don't know what to say and react. So you intentionally stretch your hands closer to the mirror and looked closer to it with a blank face only able to see it brighter. But suddenly, your face in the mirror throw out a big grim and your reflection of hands came out of it and ferociously grab you inside it and the only thing you could do before it ends is to came out with a loud scream.

TheManBuzzer

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
A mirror image of Yourself with blood all over him and he smiles at you and steps towards you but you summon your courage and tackle him to the Ground before he does something. He Tries to resist but you grab a huge rock and and smash it over his head over and over until it is caved in. you walk through the forest some more and after a while you reach your car and go in. After Driving for a while you end up going through a dark road and you start feeling ecstasy having escaped. you reach inside your pockets and find a bloody note and it reads "DO NOT ENTER THE CAR, YOU ARE NOT ALONE".

Killer in Backseat.jpg

Izayoi01

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
...A vast dark woods in front of you. You were wandering in the woods running somewhere to find a safe place from the shadow that had followed you. To convince yourself you looked back...It's nothing there. Somehow you felt relief and at the same time filled with worry and fear. A cold wind of night breeze at you. The raven fled at the nearest branch and made a cawing sound in the sky, as if that indicated something.The moon was shining brightly. However a flash of shadow covered that light. Your breath roared and your heart was beating even faster. You mustered up courage and slowly looked up there. You looked up and...there was something, precisely above the tree branch that covered the moonlight.
IMG-20201030-WA0001.jpg

A woman playing the flute up there. She stopped her play, smiled and grinned at you...so cute also freaking. With dread, you asked her "wh-who are you?! Are you that shadow who followed me? please don't hurt me!" She laughed loudly and replied "yes...i was following you because i was searching for someone who could accompany me in these vast woods, and you seem to be the best candidate i've ever found. I want you to accompany me in this woods forever." You are shocked, frightened, and don't know what to do. Forever is definitely a long...long time for sure. You begged her "no...please...i have a family that i can't leave. I love them and i can't leave them. Please return me to the entrance of this woods...please..." Suddenly her eyes filled with anger and sadness. She shouting to you "YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEEL BEING ALONE! If i return you to the entrance...i...will be alone again. And you will forget me soon...I DON'T WANT THAT!" She began to cry. Somehow you feel pity for her. Yet, of course you want to go home too. It felt so complicated. At last you said "hmm...well...i can accompany you.." she was very happy and said "then you can?" You interrupted her "...nevertheless, i can't accompany you forever. I have a limited year to live. And I have my family to care for. So i can't accompany you forever…" She's so sad. And you said "but i can come to this woods everyday and play with you. You wouldn't be alone again. While it may be a limited affair, at least that's the best i can promise to you…" she stopped crying and said "really...you won't forget me?"
You smiled and said "I won't...trust me." She smiled and she created a thick fog. "Cross that fog and you will come up to where you from...and if you want to meet me, just call my name." You were very happy that you almost forgot to ask her name. "And your name…?" She whispered in my ear. "It's...Luna"
"Luna...isn't it? Well, know i won't forget you...and thank you so much..."
You crossed that fog and arrived at the entrance. You walked a bit and found a gravestone and the name on it was...Luna. Instead of fear, you smiled and placed a flower on it. "I will be here everyday to visit and play with you. You will always be in my heart. Thank you...Luna." And you walked the way back to home, a place where your family is.
The End.

P.S : - well,it's hard for me to write an english story...since i know a little bit of english.so i'm sorry for the inconvenience of language
- i thought a horror story with a sad ending is too usual for anyone...or some.so i made a story unusually with a happy ending on the end.just to made a different on my story with each other.
- umm...i hope my story is good enough for you and sorry if it too long🤗

Last edited:

TheKingOfLimbo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
You saw... yourself, glowing faintly in the water below the pale lightness of the moonlight. A chill runs down your spine, and a gasp escapes your trembling lips as you raise your hands; they flicker, like a light waning and waxing with each passing moment. "Stop running," a voice in your head said, "There's no need to run anymore," the voice is calm and full of warmth, "you need to let go."

You look at the full moon and the dark towering trees as tears stream down your face. A wave of finality settles in your stomach as the unbridled tears of joy continue to flow down your face; you soon fade into nothing, finally letting go.

The End.

Here's the actual idea for that short story.
The protagonist ran frantically but gets ultimately killed by a killer in the woods. Now, their ghost had been roaming the lands, running wildly as if they were still being chased by the killer. But when they saw their reflection, they realized that they needed to let go of all the anguish and be free.)
This is the sadder kinds of story, so not scary stuff. Not sure if that's allowed lol.

Last edited:

Cronos21

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
download.jpg
d7623d00765b8bdde06e95458ea6bd76.jpg

a tall figure embedded with shadows, you can not see clearly as to what this figure actually is, whether it is a person who is chasing you or just a fragment of your imagination. As you take a few steps backward you realize that the figure doesn't approach you, which is weird as you think about it for a moment. As you try to remain calm, you manage to muster enough courage to approach the figure, ''A SCARECROW!!!!'' you think to yourself, i must be walking in circles i just saw this same scarecrow 10 minutes ago. Laughing to yourself for your stupidity you continue to move forward. Suddenly, you hear the sound of claws scratching trees, looking around horror consumes your heart as you witness the disappearance of the scarecrow from its resting and the beginning of hunt you are it's prey..........

Last edited:

TheKingOfLimbo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years

Its needle-like fingers brush down your cheek softly, almost affectionately, but you know you are a fool to believe there's anything affectionate about its entire being. "I have been alone for too long," it grips your neck suddenly, raising you from the ground and smiling their sharp canine teeth, "oh what a scared little mice," your lungs begs for air, you feel your neck ripping from your body from its mighty grip. Your ripping muscle scream as you gaze its empty eyes, and you beg for it all to end. "You will beg for death for all eternity," it says, almost as if reading your thoughts, laughing loudly and you feel your ears bleed in deafening pain, "it's too easy to kill you right here right now, so let's play a game of cats and mice." It drops you to the ground and you immediately gasp for air, you see it flash their sharp fingers, you imagine its sharp talons plunging down your skin in deathless agony, and a shudder escapes your body as they say one word, the word starting the endless game of pain and torture, "Run."

Ai143

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
images (1).jpg

A tall lanky mutated figure of what was once human, its mouth so wide dripping with blood from something you don't know what, its arms too long to be normal and the sound that it makes, a screech so loud that you could feel with your whole body. You were frozen with fear, the hair on your skin standing and you didn't dare breathe. Then its eyes found you and that's when you screamed.

You woke up screaming from a horrible nightmare that seemed to last days. You look around to see where you were and remembered you were camping with your friends on halloween night. But then you realized you were alone, your friends nowhere to be found... and that's when you heard the screams and the loud screeching.

Leveeage

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
1604242297958.png

A silhouette of a man. As the figure got closer you seem to recognize the face as if... "John why are you running? Let's go back, mom was worried when you suddenly ran away...", says your younger brother, Michael. A wave of relief washed over me. It was just my younger brother. "Why did you ran anyways? You could get lost in these woods easily if you're not careful.", he asks in a concerned tone. "I-it was nothing. I didn't know what came over me...". As we walk through the woods I noticed something odd. The back of his head... Since when did had a bald spot? I waved the thought away as we continue walking. As the view of our house came to sight I feel nauseous. It would be embarrassing if I suddenly throw up so I just tried my best to ignore it. As we got closer and closer to the door steps the feeling got worse and worse. We were at the doorstep and then my body suddenly stopped. "What's wrong? Let's head on inside." Michael says. You step inside the house then... The memory struck you... You don't have a brother or even a mother. You were an orphan. The thought terrifies you as the door... Slowly closed behind you.
"John it's time for your medication!", a loud voice woke you up from the dream. "John? Don't run away this time. This medicine will help so it's better if you drink it.", says the nurse. He walks towards you handing the medicine and as you look down... You see his name tag. "Michael Richards RN".

Attachments

Juanita2000

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Yourself standing in the dark,with a creepy toothed grin that seems to stretch from ear to ear in the little visibility that the dark can provide. Months ago it started and by now you realize that there is no where to run, no where to hide or no way to fight. Your doppelganger took over your life slowly ghosting you out. By now you are just a ghost, a myth or what the kids these days call you, an 'Urban Legend'. Slowly, subtley the doppelganger influenced your life.At this point you don't even know if you lived your life actually.You lost everything, by now this is where you take your last stand. You have been hiding but after much demise and so much despair you have decided that there is nothing to lose.''Damn you gave me a run for my money! Literally!'' your doppelganger said. ''Do you know how hard it is to find ghosts these days. I mean the vloggers with those fancy equipments dont even find anything.'' And here you are facing your doppelganger who is gloating over how she turned you into a living ghost.''So there's nothing much left of you and the leftovers are getting spoiled so I thought I should erase you completely. Give you a little closure.''At that she cracked out at her own joke.''I have question though.Why on Halloween night? Why did you stir up trouble.I thought you have given up on you pathetic life.'' Yes that's a valid question.''You have me beaten at everything , you took away my life.Congrats! But you have not beaten me in one thing. What you don't know is that you and I are not the only one trying take over our lives.'' you said. You felt a grin on your face for you have finally gained the upper hand against her. At this both of you glanced around as fifteen more identical doppelgangers of yourself surrounded this clearing in the forest. Your original doppelganger's eyes went wide with fear as she peered at her multiple sinister faces as they emerged from around the woods.''You see I have not given up.WE have not given up! I was just bait.'' you smirked just one last time and said ''you were not the only one trying to take over my life.WELCOME!!! to the bloody battle royal!
bitch.''

dizzybean

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
...your father. "Sweetie, ", he starts, licking his dry from running lips, "it's okay. You don't have to run anymore. We can figure something out.". You can see a ghost of a smile on his face through the darkness of the woods and, even though you're trembling, you take a few steps towards him, while he closes the rest of the distance between you. "Promise?", you whisper, but your words seem so loud in the silence of the night, and although you can feel your dear father nod into your hair as he hugs you tightly, you can also feel him flinch while you circle your arms around his back and bury your face into the crook of his neck. In this tender moment, you finally relax and smile- jaw slowly unhinging, revealing teeth far too sharp to be human's- and say: "Liar.".

Status
Not open for further replies.