💬 Review Hamilton (2020)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,391 happy users since 2014.
Register

Luizooey12

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Hamilton (2020)

Hamilton is a musical that tells the story of american founding father Alexander Hamilton. The musical exists since 2015 but only now 2020 Disney has released a professionally recorded version of the musical with the original cast. They recorded two different performances and one version without public so they could zoom in on the actors.

Review:
I am naturally someone drawned to musicals. What can I say? I love them. So when I heard the Hamilton soundtrack for the first time years ago (probably 2017 since I'm not american and people weren't talking about it here in Brazil) I fell in love. I couldn't watch the show so all I did was listen to the songs. Even though I had no clue about the historical life of Alexander Hamilton it really fascinated me.

Years later Disney revelead they were going to launch it as a movie. Just the reveal was a big thing and everyone who is a fan of musicals or a history geek and even those who were none of the two were really excited. They moved up the launch due to the Corona Virus and decided to just put it on their new streaming device Disney +.

It's so different just hearing it from hearing and seeing it. The costumes are incredible, the period gowns change so they can match the time on the play. The hairstyles, dances and the songs are modern. It's such a genius and crazy move to tell history through hip-hop songs.

Watching the play we cry, we laugh and we cry some more. We get to know Alexander, the son of a whore and a scotsman, we get to know the Schuyler sisters (my favorites) and those who fought beside and against him. The songs get stuck to your head and you will spend the next months washing the dishes singing "Lord, show me how to say no to this" and generally obsessed with it.

It's the most known musical for a reason. People like Beyoncé, Jay-z, Prince Harry and more are fans. It's really a cultural phenomennon and a game changer in the industry.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would, even if you're not a musical fan or a history geek. I honestly wish I could make everyone I know watch it because I know it's a life changing experience.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

singsong73

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
I love this musical so much too! I'm not American and have never been too interested in their history but I fell in love with it after learning of the social issues that they tackle with who they chose to cast and the genre of music they use!

FloatingEye

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
I love this musical so much too! I'm not American and have never been too interested in their history but I fell in love with it after learning of the social issues that they tackle with who they chose to cast and the genre of music they use!
I completely agree with you, the story, the character, my baby Hercules Mulligan, and all the amazing decripits of the songs aka animatics. It's quite heartbreaking and, beautiful!!