Has anyone here played Harvest Moon?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,975 happy users since 2014.
Register

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
Oh my gosh, YES. I looove harvest moon. Favorite game of all time. I have played most of HM games from my old ds and am now just playing story of seasons in my 3ds 😅

From the OG hm, my favorite is sunshine islands, Vaughnie is my all time favorite grumpy husband. From rune factory, I'd say rf 4 since it's the only game I can be a girl right from the start. From SOS, my fave is Trio of Towns, Ludus is my second fave husband 😁

Last edited:

se20299

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
I didn't have a chance to play Trio of Towns, but I would like to recommend you Stardew Valley. It stays true to the Harvest Moon formula while expanding the gameplay options.

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
I didn't have a chance to play Trio of Towns, but I would like to recommend you Stardew Valley. It stays true to the Harvest Moon formula while expanding the gameplay options.
already played it, my addiction to harvest moon led me to stardew valley (also love that game to bits).

In my opinion and experience, psp hm games are atrocious, I can't stand the slanted persective of the farmer. I'm used to the top view and the changed perspective in back to nature is just so weird. It made controlling the farmer difficult compared to the ds and 3ds hm games.

What other harvest moon games have you played before?

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
I see what you mean, being able to sell things on your own stall is a cool feature. Same with having to live in two different towns (in TOTT). Twists like these make the games more interesting.

Now on to more juicer topics, who did you marry in the games you have played?

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
My 'waifu' in the game were usually
Ellie (I don't know i just like the motherly type?)
Or Karen (she's pretty....and just to spite Rick, i find him annoying)
Never goes to the other, Popuri is too childish...and remind me of Sakura from Naruto. No Mary or Ann because Gray and Cliff was bros, and we always go with bros before hoes. And Harvest Goddess.... yeah, no, at least not in this version.

As for Hero of the Leave Valley..... Alice? I mean, she's a Tsundere and like a complete opposite of the MC, personality and background wise.
Gwen is cool, but she's more like that tomboy sister of yours, plus, Bob was a good friend, he gives me a horse for free
The one with pink hair....? She....remind me of a Popuri appereance wise, but with Big sister ara are personality
Ehhh, i forgot the rest of the characters

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
My 'waifu' in the game were usually
Ellie (I don't know i just like the motherly type?)
Or Karen (she's pretty....and just to spite Rick, i find him annoying)
Never goes to the other, Popuri is too childish...and remind me of Sakura from Naruto. No Mary or Ann because Gray and Cliff was bros, and we always go with bros before hoes. And Harvest Goddess.... yeah, no, at least not in this version.

As for Hero of the Leave Valley..... Alice? I mean, she's a Tsundere and like a complete opposite of the MC, personality and background wise.
Gwen is cool, but she's more like that tomboy sister of yours, plus, Bob was a good friend, he gives me a horse for free
The one with pink hair....? She....remind me of a Popuri appereance wise, but with Big sister ara are personality
Ehhh, i forgot the rest of the characters
I don't really like Popuri too. A character acting too cute and childish sometimes annoy me 😅
I also dislike Mary since she's my rival with Gray, like back off Mary, he's already mine.

Have you ever played stardew valley before @Hans Bloodsmith?

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I don't really like Popuri too. A character acting too cute and childish sometimes annoy me 😅
I also dislike Mary since she's my rival with Gray, like back off Mary, he's already mine.

Have you ever played stardew valley before @Hans Bloodsmith?
I've never played it before sadly, i heard of it, multiple times, but i don't have PC to play it. I heard there also an Android version of the game but i haven't check it out

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
I've never played it before sadly, i heard of it, multiple times, but i don't have PC to play it. I heard there also an Android version of the game but i haven't check it out
I have never tried the android version too. It seems to me like it would just be the vanilla version of the game where you can't add any mods over it, which is too bad since the game is a lot more interesting when it has mods (it could even expand the whole game).

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 5 years
Harvest Moooooooooooon ♥ I loved this game so much! I think i had the Friends of Mineral Town one :eek:
And yaaaas, Karen with her disastrous cooking was my waifu xDD

It looks so great for it's time too!! *-*

se20299

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
My face Stardew wife is probably Leah.
Post automatically merged:

I have never tried the android version too. It seems to me like it would just be the vanilla version of the game where you can't add any mods over it, which is too bad since the game is a lot more interesting when it has mods (it could even expand the whole game).
Even without mods you can easily sink over 50 hours into the game, assuming Android version isn't downgraded.

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
My face Stardew wife is probably Leah.
Why Leah? If you don't mind me asking. I would probably pick Penny or Maru as my wife (except I married an emo vampire)

Harvest Moooooooooooon ♥ I loved this game so much! I think i had the Friends of Mineral Town one :eek:
And yaaaas, Karen with her disastrous cooking was my waifu xDD

It looks so great for it's time too!! *-*
my older brother had a gameboy and he had friends of mineral town but he never played it, said it was boring. Even before, I remember sneaking in my brother's room just to play harvest moon. Friends of mineral town was the game that introduced me to the HM series.

Last edited:

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 5 years
Why Leah? If you don't mind me asking. I would probably pick Penny or Maru as my wife (except I married an emo vampire)

my older brother had a gameboy and he had friends of mineral town but he never played it, said it was boring. Even before, I remember sneaking in my brother's room just to play harvest moon. Friends of mineral town was the game that introduced me to the HM series.
You have far better taste than your brother xDDD

se20299

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Leah is probably closest to my IRL preference, so that's probably the reason. My second favorite is probably Abigail.

ChadCross

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
Nostalgia right through my heart.
Harvest moon friends of mineral town was my first game when my Dad brought me a GBA when I graduated Elementary. I would play it all day after school and even before sleeping that i got scolded for being addicted to it.
I did tons of research about it from heart events to recipes. I've already forgot who the first girl was but i did all routes in the game which satisfied my curiosity. I also remember that the hardest marriage route was the goddess as you needed specific things to have or events that needed to be done which drives me mad.
From then on my journey of playing HM theme like game started. From android emulator to play HM to PSP to PS to different spin off and HM inspired games life RF series.
I do remember that there is a backstory of HM FMT. something about your char. childhood friend, why Karen hates milk or Ellie singing down the mountain or something.

Lil mushroom

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Me..!!! I am even playing harvest moon seed of memories in my phone.. My favourite is Tales of Two Towns.. because my husband Cam is so cool, cute and just plain love him.. 😍