Writer's Notebook

A place for members to share their own original writing.

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Heart of Time

RamHina

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
HEART OF TIME

Description:
The Assassin...

Lord Kian Rothburn, unwanted heir and incompetent magi, had grown used too his twin brother's disdain and his Father's disappointment.

In a world where people born with abilities are hailed as superior beings, Kian decided to study the art of the sword and fists with his non-magi friends and found acceptance in a community he was not born in.

Is a child!!!

In an unexpected twist of fate, an assassin, a boy no less, appeared and claims to be from the future, a future where a tyranical powerful magi rules the kingdom with blood and fear. And that tyrant is none other than Kian's older self.

As he avoids death in the hands of the strangely familiar and powerful child, while uncovering the mystery of what turned his future self into a bloodthirsty psycopath hellbent on destroying magi's and non-magi's alike. All while the very fabric of time itself unravels beneath their feet.

PROLOGUE

'I wish I had the guts to end him when I had the chance to do so. I wish it never came to this… I'm so sorry dear Aidan, I'm the reason why you never met your dear father.'

Those were his mother's words before she, once again, cried herself to sleep last night. Her golden hair once again matted with weeks of grime and dirt as she wallowed in grief inside their shared room.

This made him even more determined to correct his mother's mistakes...

He took the mind strengthening potion in his pocket and quickly downed the bitter liquid. He grimaced and wiped his mouth, already feeling the mind clearing effects of the potion. He patted his bag and felt the two bottles of said potion nestled on the bottom of the bag. He could only afford three of them and he had to be careful not to break any of them. Those rare concoction ensures that his body won't fry from using too much mana in one go.

He surveyed the area he was in.

The Rosewood Academy is closed indefinitely, probably for all eternity. Only a couple of guards roamed around the area for security. He checked the map his Aunt had given to him. The red mark on the far side of the map glared at him.

He studied the dilapidated school. His mother had once regaled tales of a once bustling academy, filled with Magis, Sword Dancers and Sun Fighters. Now the Academy is rotting away, smelling like rotting flesh. It is rumored that the bodies of tortured rebels are being dumped inside the Academy, a punishment perhaps? He doesn't really know.

So much death and suffering. All because of him...

Years of training finally paid off as he easily scaled the high walls separating the Academy from the rest of the world. He sighed in relief seeing that the guards were completely oblivious of the petite trespasser.

He quickly darts to the shadows. A certain goal in mind. He soon arrived at his destination without any mishaps, as expected of the boy trained by the best tutors a wealthy Duchess could find.

He exhaled and closed his eyes as he stood right in front of a young cherry blossom tree. He raised a hand and concentrated. The world seemed to wrap around him. He can hear the warped sounds of nature around him, great snaps and clicks could be heard. His mind strained, a headache started forming on the front of his head. And then a woosh, the world righted itself.

Pain coursed through his body generating from his mind. His limbs felt heavy and he fell to his knees and promptly vomited. After retching, he slowly opened his teary eyes.

The cherry tree was gone, replaced by a simple sapling nestled on the ground. The other trees around him are smaller, less dense. The maze he had gone through was gone replaced by a beautiful rose garden.

He smiled as he toppled to his side. His little body wrecked in spasms. But he endured the intense pain. For he had successfully traveled back in time.

Now… He could finally kill Lord Kian Rothburn…

AN: I had this story stocked in my google docs for awhile. Might as well share this to you guys since it's just rotting in my storage 🤣. Should I continue?

Last edited: