hello!! Do you guys Have a favourite Book???

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,980 happy users since 2014.
Register

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Bleh! Fishy business, me says!
Aye, almost makes me want to walk the Plank-ton for that, but hey at least the business can give us some oppor-Tuna-ty!
Post automatically merged:

Such a spoiler you have there!😵
But it's not that surprising, so it's okay, i've predicted it to some extent😌
Already on the Anime, not sure if it's much of a spoiler anymore, i mean, at this point, general rule is that "New Girl = +1 on the Harem"

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Haven't watch it yet, and yes, I agree with you
Too many harem is not good for your health
Too many Harem is not good both mentally and physically, it was, in my opinion, not in the slightest realistic, i mean, i get it really. "Oh it was fantasy~ it just a fictions~ bla bla" look i get it, but even if it's fantasy, can we just at least, get the most basic human attraction and emotion right? I mean, carp, most of the harem protag i know get women falling for them left and right, not because they have some interesting personality traits that some may find attractive, oh no, it was because they're 'Nice'..... Nice! Heck, Nice it's not a personality trait, it should be how any human being act regardless!

As long as you TROUT more on yourself! Don't be KOI with me, CLAM down! :D
Well that was a SHELL-shocking and strangely So-Fish-ticated response!

Thisisamy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
well I really like how many plot twists in the School for good and evil and there are alot of funny, sad and romantic scenarios in it too I totaaalllyyyy recommend this book. There are some pictures too in every new chapter you read I reaally love this book
Thx sweetheart I'll totally look it up~

SilentBarry

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Too many Harem is not good both mentally and physically, it was, in my opinion, not in the slightest realistic, i mean, i get it really. "Oh it was fantasy~ it just a fictions~ bla bla" look i get it, but even if it's fantasy, can we just at least, get the most basic human attraction and emotion right? I mean, carp, most of the harem protag i know get women falling for them left and right, not because they have some interesting personality traits that some may find attractive, oh no, it was because they're 'Nice'..... Nice! Heck, Nice it's not a personality trait, it should be how any human being act regardless!
Calm down😂
Yes, I agree with you. The author put their time more to develop the girls rather than the protagonist to make it appealing to somebody's "wild fantasy". They make the protagonist's personality "invisible" so that anybody can imagine how it feel to be in the protagonist's position.
...sadly, I've never find a harem that isn't following those "algorithm"

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Calm down😂
Yes, I agree with you. The author put their time more to develop the girls rather than the protagonist to make it appealing to somebody's "wild fantasy". They make the protagonist's personality "invisible" so that anybody can imagine how it feel to be in the protagonist's position.
Yeah, sorry for my rant, you can say that my inner 'Jomblo' just wanted to scream at those cardboard characters 😅

McDasterdly

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
The only book I've ever read multiple times and hands down my favourite is Small Minded Giants by Oisin McGann. It's about a post-apocalyptic world where the the planet is covered in ice and cities exist in protective domes.

The main character's father goes missing and through a series of events he uncovers shadowy secret organisations, governmental conspiracies and the truth. Relatively short read.

Whatever about the writing or characters, which are at least above average in my opinion, the concept is what really draws me back time and again. Heartily recommend reading.

Cholee

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 4 years
I don't have a favorite "book", but I do fall in love easily with light/novels and manga that are related to/or adapted into anime; titles like Sword Art Online, The Rising of the Sheild Hero and Overlord to name a few.
Those three you were mentioned is good, How about Konosuba and Re Zero? Or Slime, you know rimuru tempest i kinda forget the title. Honestly i haven't yet read the LN or watching it's anime.

ehh, you know, Planktons, crustacean or seel if you particularly targeted by panda-whale. Noone important

Ah, a fellow man of culture i see

Same! Though I'm not particularly fond of novel with Harem in it's tag, and well i used to like SAO, up until the Alice? Arc, where the next girl fall in love for Kirito again, seriously man, give Eugene some love!
Dislike the harem tag? Count me in.

Calm down😂
Isekai without harem tag, hmm faraway paladin maybe?

Last edited:

SilentBarry

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
Yeah, sorry for my rant, you can say that my inner 'Jomblo' just wanted to scream at those cardboard characters 😅
I'm a 'Jomblo' myself, I know that feel o_O
It has been paused the last time I checked it. I don't remember why...
Haven't checked it for a long time🙁

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
Those three you were mentioned is good, How about Konosuba and Re Zero? Or Slime, you know rimuru tempest i kinda forget the title. Honestly i haven't yet read the LN or watching it's anime.

Dislike the harem tag? Count me in.

God's Blessing on this Wonderful World (KonoSuba), Starting Life in Another World (Re: Zero) and That time I got Resurrected as a Slime (Slime datta ken) are all great.
I just didn't want to write a full list, so I picked 3 of the most popular isekai light/novel that's been adapted into anime.

By the way, I first watch the anime and finish all available seasons, after that, I'll read the source materials up to the point where the anime left/ended the season.
I keep on doing so until the anime ends, and then I'll read the rest of the source materials.
(Or play the source like Danganronpa.)

Last edited:

Cholee

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 4 years
You Jomblo? Relax bro, you are not alone, and like saykoji said in his song, "waktu kemenangan akan tiba".
This post also for @SilentBarry

God's Blessed on this Wonderful World (KonoSuba), Starting Life in Another World (Re: Zero) and That time I got Resurrected as a Slime (Slime datta ken) are all great.
I just didn't want to write a full list, so I picked 3 of the most popular Isekai Light/novel that's been adapted into anime.

By the way, I first watch the anime and finish all available seasons, after that, I'll read the source materials up to the point where the anime left/ended the season.
I keep on doing so until the anime ends, and then I'll read the rest of the source materials.
(Or play the source like Danganronpa.)
For me some of my friend recommend me this isekai light novel. Shield hero is good, but it's latest developments like multi universe with multi summoned heroes, kind of bad for me.
Overlord, it's also good, too bad the anime adaptation, the second and third season anime was a little disappointing. Well of course it's not an easy task to make a good anime from a good light novel.

Last edited:

SilentBarry

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 4 years
For me some of my friend recommend me this isekai light novel. Shield hero is good, but it's latest developments like multi universe with multi summoned heroes, kind of bad for me.
Overlord, it's also good, too bad the anime adaptation, the second and third season anime was a little disappointing. Well of course it's not an easy task to make a good anime from a good light novel
Don't forget "So I'm a spider, so what?"
The anime is already announced!😄
And btw, I think I get what is behind your username, unfortunately 😵

OneoftheLost

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa. For those who don't know, its a classic. Some people think of it as a sort of Japanese alternative to Gone with the Wind. Same kind of idea. Its a sweeping epic set in feudal japan that basically centers around a guy who realizes everything he's ever done is garbage, and he sets out to re-invent himself by achieving a sort of nirvana through martial perfection. (Which basically means he sword fights. Alot.) Its kinda loosely based on a real guy. So its fairly interesting, especially if you like the idea of Samurai. There's also an extensive romance subplot. Its good stuff.

Enishi

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Discworld Series, or anything related to Sir Terry Pratchet. He made me feel the true meaning of serious humor, all while creating unforgettable characters, truly deep stories and excellent parodies of almost everything in this world.
Also Douglas Adams and his Hitchhiker´s guide to Galaxy trilogy of five. A trully humoristic style to make science fiction.

Discworld Series, or anything related to Sir Terry Pratchet. He made me feel the true meaning of serious humor, all while creating unforgettable characters, truly deep stories and excellent parodies of almost everything in this world.
Also Douglas Adams and his Hitchhiker´s guide to Galaxy trilogy of five. A trully humoristic style to make science fiction.