💬 Review Helltaker

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,228 happy users since 2014.
Register

Puschelprinz

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Helltaker

Basically, it's a puzzle game, but in yet another way. Your goal is to recruit all the different demons to proceed with the story! The only thing in your way are light beams and rocks to prevent you from moving forward.

Review:
So, first things first, it was definitely an adventure. I am totally into puzzle games, so I may be a bit biased, but it's definitely unique. You play the "helltaker", a kind of macho like dude who frees the main demons from hell to follow him in his realms!
Each level requires a different amount of precision, definitely something you need to keep in mind, it's not quite easy in the end.
Some might thing it's a rhythm game due to the best of the music following the patterns of the light beams appearing to stop you, but they don't always line up.
If you manage to free all the demons, you unlock different dialog options, each character has his own personality and requires a different way of answers! Keep that in mind!
If you're really seeky you can potentially unlock a hidden ending, but I don't want to spoil too much! Overall it's a cute, rather short puzzle game, created to keep you entertained and concentrated!
Now to controlling the main character himself.
It's rather simple and your character is only able to move a limited amount of times.
Each level requires you to choose your steps wisely, if you don't pay attention you'll lose.
Some actions on secret items hidden in the level itself, requires you to play through some levels at least twice! Like I said, controlling is not hard but rather slow and sometimes this leads to some major rage moments, due to the controls being too simple.
It is not a hell of a ride but there are definitely better controls out there, some things work only so much.
If you manged to find all the secret passages (scrolls hidden around the levels) you'll eventually unlock a secret passage + dialogues!
I love mechanics like that, it always keeps you a busy bee, looking to find every single detail, even in a quite short game like this!
Also, the different demons each have their own unique dialogues and persona. YEAH this sounds rather boring considering most of the character in games vari but this is one hell of a difference!
Overall, you should definitely check it out! It's not perfect by any means, but which game is? There's always a way to improve things and supporting small games like this is definitely a great way to go about!

Would you recommend this to other users? Most definitely! Puzzle games usually follow the same rules, this one in particular however, makes things a bit more complicated. Different obstacles need different techniques, controlling the helltaker himself can be tricky but it's part of the challenge and it's definitely fun
It's rather short, so don't feel the need to rush through when you can, take your time and you'll seek different endings!

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐