Help develop android apps/games

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,377 happy users since 2014.
Register

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Want to help me develop android games/apps?

I have an Android developer account, with the whole google marketplace setup.

I may also be getting the license for a development platform on Tuesday.. (Construct 3).

I have ideas, especially in the choose your own adventure market...

And of course I have some other games in mind.

I even invented and I am working on the official game studio. (Have the website, FB page, name, logo, so on...)

But, though I could do everything on my own.....20 heads are better than one.

And since I am starting from the bottom, a lot of game engine and coding will be there to learn from the gate . so anyone wanting to join will get a lot of (if you dont already have) experience and knowledge in that.

Having a group of people creates a spider web of ideas as well as a soundboard to bounce them off of to realistically look at them.

If no one wants to help, no problem. I will still keep on going it alone. But the invitation is definitely open. And who knows...we could create something that is quite profitable.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I can build basic games with Unity, I have some experience with it.
If I get some free time I'll not miss this opportunity :) Thank you my friend!

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Sweet. If I can get the license I was planning on using construct 3 as a platform but dude...Unity is also something I want to learn to build with and you have more experience in it. So you may have to have a class here and there for myself and anyone else who wants to join us. Lol.

That said...anyone with experience or not is welcome as well.

I really think my ideas are okay, but bouncing them off other people and other talents will make them better.

And anyone else involved would probably have some awesome ideas.

Not only that, work share . .. Lol...

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
I was planning on starting with smaller games too... Or choose your own adventure books.. Admob.. Simple consumable/non consumables in app purchases that we can track.

Stuff that will build the foundation before even thinking of taking a step in the direction of something huge.

Repeatable code/algorithms.

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
Dear John,
I can probably contribute in whatever tiny amount of $ convertible to your cause..with @Sbenny 's permission.
Also the writing and editing part.

First..a Focus on Game Design.
Have a look at Living a Book and Gamebook Adventures engine of Tin Man Games.
They have the right presentation concepts. Graphic and Music. Style.
Size of games around 50 and under 100 MB.

CoG/HG are stuck in Dark Ages because of their engine limitation.
Size of games aint an excuse, just a lack of will to adapt and upgrade is the truth.
Their branching choices coding style is to be an example of how CYoA games could be improved.

Sorcery! series and even Crusader Kings had shown that we can actually have mini/dice-games and statistical-battles in CYoA games.
There are in fact countless other examples.
They just Dominate on Reputation by churning up Volumes of works.
Thats..the Foundation to garner a fan-base.
Didn't I demonstrate it..here?
Not all my games were great. Just a few.
But..sheer Quantity plus some Quality made a Balance.
One Game..per Month. For a Year.
IF you are going on that Path..no time and effort will be Wasted.
There will be "fillers" and there will be your own "masterpieces".
♥
Post automatically merged:

Need not go too far..for Popular ideas.
Stick with the Basics..first.

Lovecraft's works have no copyrights limitation right?
CYoA of the pseudo-continuation of many of his Great titles..will be Popular enough.
Poe. Rider. Countless others..from Gutenberg.

Princess of Mars / John Carter series. Ayesha / She. Tarzan. Allan Quatermain. etc
Of course some "fillers" too to garner fringe-attention. New ideas.
Steampunk. Alternative-History. Dinosaurs. Temporal adventures in Chrono-synchronicity etc.
Look at the works like Fallen London / Sunless Sea Skies series. Arcanum. Fallout. Ultima. fan-fic etc
Patagonia. Arawak. Alaska. Dyatlov Pass. T Lobsang Rampa. The Law of One. Too..many.
Check 20k Leagues under the sea by LaB as an example.
Ancient work but they cough up a NEW Magical 100 MB version of it. 👌

Last edited:

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
@KentCave

Full Disclosure, haven't read your entire post yet... WILL do so in a moment..

CoG script is terrible and their limitations on usage, with commercial rights at 25% of revenue is garbage.

However, I am looking to use Ren'Py for CYOA games.

I am totally hooked on the fact that these CYOA games should have graphics, and Ren'Py looks like the best option, and its Open Source, Python of course, and no commercial limitations.

Lastly, before I go back up and read, your input is definitely something I will take to heart as I have read your discourses here, and would like your input on stuff I actually work on.

I really want to do something with myself in a short time because no job = no money, and "government oppression, seriously" is making it impossible to get another one locally.

As for other game types, I want to use Unity and Construct 3.

Construct for platform games, isometric shooters, candy crush type of games, stuff like that is easier with construct, and then just export to apk, using plugins for IAP and so on. Its a bit more difficult to "keep track of" purchases that Google play doesn't keep track of, but there are third party options.

Unity because duh, people here like @Sbenny already have experience in it, and it can only get better. Unity will allow us to build games more like RTS, Castle Defense games, RPG's, Call of duty/Resident evil type games. And it has a lot of resources.

KentCave

~• Philosopher Poet •~
From the Hell
Member for 5 years
Unity can build Beautiful game..tons already shown it.
WinterWolves shown what can be done with Ren'PY and many games on Steam.
Oh well..have Fun N Joy ♥
Just watch The Darkest Minds movie..WOW 👌

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
What is the Darkest Minds movie?

Also, I was having a look at lovecrafts works.. Some of them do have copyright, but it is like super muddy waters.. e.g. it would cost way too much money for someone who may still be alive to fight the cause for those works.. however, pretty much what even steven king has done is to utilize his world in a similar context like 'couch end".

Gutenberg has what, like 50k public domain books? Easily a lot of material to turn into something good.

You will have to run some more ideas by me soon. I will be spending a ton of time in Ren'Py over the next week, and I am an artist, so I could wipe the dust off of those skills as well (my daughter inherited my skill, so I hope she has a future in digital art when she grows up....at the moment, I try to keep all of her 9 yr old crayon and color pencil art in case she grows up to be famous and I can profit off her young art.. lol... yep... I think its my right for making sure she is fed, clothed, and has a home until she is an adult).

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
I am thinking of using twine to map out story's/directions/deaths/great endings/neutral endings.

What would be the best way to monetize cyoa?

Do overs is something that comes to mind.. E.g you die and you can start from where you left off, and you only have like 3 lives/do overs to start the game. And you can buy more/ unlock unlimited..

I am just brainstorming here.

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Obviously anything made will be released on sbenny completely unlocked for sharing and feedback purposes.

I have been sketching (pencil drawing) some scenes for a mercenary story I am thinking of. Typical save the day kind of story. You can die like 20 times.. 4 different endings of the game that dont end in death....or is there a death in the end? .

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
I like old detective stories for these types of games as well. Something of the 1930's dick Tracy kind of stories.

Phytoplankton

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 6 years
@johnhern

I am learning to make Games on Unity and have made one from tutorial as platformer to move a rocket from one place to another

I would really love to join you in making android game

I already have my Google Play Developer Account as I have published my own app to playstore

Let me know :)

Phytoplankton

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
@johnhern

I am learning to make Games on Unity and have made one from tutorial as platformer to move a rocket from one place to another

I would really love to join you in making android game

I already have my Google Play Developer Account as I have published my own app to playstore

Let me know :)

Phytoplankton
Sounds great. I haven't messed with unity yet but its definitely one of the things everyone has touched so far. So we may go that route.

We may have to all get together at some point and strategize.

I should have a construct 3 license within a couple weeks so we will have that as well.

Maybe we can use something like trello or something to map out a game, design levels, dialouge, storyboard, so on.

Start on a game and fail as much as possible to make it good. Forget a design document, as the greats say...a design document is a waste of time unless you work for EA. And who wants to work for them anymore?

Phytoplankton

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 6 years
Sounds great. I haven't messed with unity yet but its definitely one of the things everyone has touched so far. So we may go that route.

We may have to all get together at some point and strategize.

I should have a construct 3 license within a couple weeks so we will have that as well.

Maybe we can use something like trello or something to map out a game, design levels, dialouge, storyboard, so on.

Start on a game and fail as much as possible to make it good. Forget a design document, as the greats say...a design document is a waste of time unless you work for EA. And who wants to work for them anymore?
Totally I agree

And also make a group on telegram or signal for better instant communication

EA and Ubishit has to work for investor and real money is involved so they have to make on stat stuff

lets continue this in pm

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Sounds good. I have telegram. Couldn't really dig viber that much. Feels clunky.

Marshall

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
@johnhern ,

i'm willing to learn about coding, and game engine topics and basics.

i'm also definitely willing to help.