Help!!!!!!

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,061 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pendragon834

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
so I have a 32 gb pny SD card and its been acting really weird lately but I cant format it and when I try to it pops up a weird message and then dissapears as if not there and sometimes it says "Corrupted format to fix" but its dissapears after sitting there at 20% for about 7 minutes I don't have a computer or a card reader to fix it like it says to on google, help me please i only have 1 gb of phone space

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
I also had this problem . Some apps stored on the Sd also would grey out , it happens with low speed Sd cards but Im not really sure what else causes it . If you find a solution let me know

Pendragon834

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
I'll Keep you posted if I find any fix but so far ive got nada

pleaseforgiveme

SB Cash Farmer
Member for 5 years
Connect your device on pc and do these steps:
1.Boot your computer
2.Go to Start
4.Click Run
5.Type cmd in the box
6.Press Enter
7.You can now type chkdsk to open the utility in a read-only mode
8.Press Enter
To repair errors, follow these instructions:
To repair errors without scanning for any bad sectors, type chkdsk volume: /f and press Enter, where volume is the letter of the drive you’d like to run a scan for, e.g. C: or D:Example of a command you need to type if your volume is C:
chkdsk C: /f
To repair errors and scan for bad sectors, type chkdsk volume: /r and press Enter, where volume is the letter of the drive you’d like to repair, e.g. C: or D:Example of command you need to type if the volume you want to scan is D:
chkdsk D: /r

Pendragon834

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
I dont have a PC m8

pleaseforgiveme

SB Cash Farmer
Member for 5 years
i forget its terminal emulator not windows cmd sorry
here it is "fsck_msdos" then su
fsck_msdos -y /dev/block/vold/179:65

Last edited:

Pendragon834

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
so essentially this was a waste of time because 1 I cant root my ohone without a computer and 2 i cant use the app because my phone isnt rooted but thanks for trying m8

pleaseforgiveme

SB Cash Farmer
Member for 5 years
lol you can still fix it without root but there is only 50% it will fix it depends on how damage the sdcard of urs
Post automatically merged:

have you got a friend why not borrow his laptop or pc for short period and fix it there or how about computer shop or iternet cafe or Service Center of the device brand you got the techs there can fix it up for you of course for a cost but it is cheaper buy a new one rather than fixing it.

this is the cause of why ur sdcard damage or being corrupted u should avoid this things.
- downloading games from malicious website except "Sbenny since it is verified safe"
- dont download apps not from google playstore or apple store if ur using.
- always cleaned ur cache
- download Anti virus
- leave at least 1.5gb of free space on ur sdcard
- dont use ur phone while charging not only ur sdcard heating but the battery too may damage.

thats all.

Last edited:

Pendragon834

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
So i have a computer now but the SD card has no letter then ":" for it its just labeled card

Pendragon834

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
it couldnt find the SD card at all

Pendragon834

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
yes and i recently went and bought a lower tier android that I can root and ill see if i can fix it using that phone

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
okie doke, if that doesn't work, let us know :)

Pendragon834

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
okay ive rooted the device and have the sd card in it now i need a steo by step guide because idfk what to do

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Heya,

Sorry for the late reply, are you still having this issue?

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Hello :)

I am closing this question and moving it to Answered Questions as the original poster has not responded. If you have any other questions please post them in our Questions Area.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.