💬 Review Her Royal Highness by Rachel Hawkins

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,965 happy users since 2014.
Register

G3imerGirl

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Her Royal Highness by Rachel Hawkins

After her best friend breaks her heart, Millie decides to take her chance and go to the fancy school in Scotland.
She could have never expected to have a princess as a roomate. And Flora her Royal Annoyance won't make her stay in Gregorstoun easy.

Review:
A slow burn enemies to friends to lovers book, with all the cuteness and heartwarming scenes you'll need. The characters are likeable and the MC, Millie is very relatable.
The book starts off with Millie, a bisexual girl from Texas, fooling around with her friend Jude, who she's had a crush on for a long time. Jude finally appears to reciprocate her feelings, and even though her other friends (Lee and Darcy) warn her that Jude's only using her as a summer fling, she doesn't want so see it and continues the relationship.
Of course, when Jude's ex boyfriend Mason comes back to town, Millie ends up with a broken heart. She then decides to give Gregorstoun, a fancy school from Scotland in which she's had her eye on for a year or so, a chance, and applies for a scholarship.
Of course, she gets it and is sent off to Scotland, where she meets her new friends Perry and Sakshi, and her insufferable roomate, Her Royal Highness, Flora.
The two girls don't get along at the beginning, and Flora clearly doesn't want to stay in Gregorstoun, making elaborate plans to get kicked out and getting Millie in the middle of them.
But as the story moves forward the girls get closer, first friends and then... Can Millie get over her broken heart and let herself fall in love again? With a princess?
It's a wonderful young adult romance LGBTQ+ book. With a great plot and interesting characters.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would absolutely recommend this book, I just read it and i loved it. It's the closest to Red White and Royal Blue (another great book with royals and LGBTQ+ characters) I could find, and even if it's not the same and it's a lot childish it's still truly enjoyable.
Go read it! And tell me what you think!

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐