Holiday Event Day Three: December 15th 2020

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,692 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenoniaLvr

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
My favourite tradition in my whole life is giving of ampao to younger people. I mean its the only time of the year where you get to have some extra money lmao.
725e0c3734fd2700e93e7b44dee0a4d6.jpeg

And then the family reunion. Just on my mother's side tho. And its big asf cause they're 14(12 now cause 2 dead) siblings. I have an old pic where I was 5 years old in it and I wanna post but yeah, Internet. Lmao

TheKingOfLimbo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
I shall title this as: The Dreaded Singing in Christmas

So my father's birthday is December 25 so...it's more of an embarrassing moment every year than a tradition but here we go. My father's a silent man when he's with us. He doesn't show much emotions. But he's VERY outgoing when he's with his friends. And anyway, as of any birthday party, we sing happy birthday. But no, it's not your jolly happy birthday, it's f***ing awkward. Like literally every year, we'd awkwardly sing, every single one of us yearning for it to be over.

After
this minute of mind-numbingly awkward singing, we'd pause because we have no idea what to do. Are we supposed to say something? To hug him??? Or at least do something!?!? After a minute or so, we just begin to eat because....just to stop.... whatever the hell's going on in here. You'd think singing and well wishing in this situation was just a simple gesture, but no, it's really THAT BAD.

(I know someone will say, "It's just singing, stop whining" but yeah we try but...i just can't explain the awkward tension in the air that's so excruciatingly odd, I can't even understand it lmaooo it's one of those moments where you HAD to be there to understand, but I hope y'all get the point lmao)

It became a sort of untalked about anticipated event, you know, one of those dreadful events that people anticipate and cringe at the same time. It's excruciatingly painful, yet exciting, but no one seems to want to address it verbally lmao....and oh God the time is near to do that sh*t one again.

Last edited:

Ysar

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Happy birthday to me
Member for 4 years
Not gonna lie, when I was little, my favorite thing about Christmas was getting our stockings filled with candy. After a big night of trick or treating on Halloween, you'd just be about out of candy by Christmas, and then wham! another load of candy lol. Sorta made up for the other 9 months of the year when you hardly got any at all.

Now of course, I hardly eat any candy though I could buy some any time, and my son actually doesn't like candy - the closest thing he'll eat is fruit snacks. I'll have to come up with some traditions for my family.

thewarsofstars

Novice Lv1️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
As a kid, my mom always made me get my favorite pair of shoes and put grass in them (so Santa's raindeer could also eat) and have a small bowl where they could drink, we would get together at a family member's home, cook christmas meals together from 0 on the morning of the 24th (and the foods are usually something soupy warm and homey, something porky, something savoury, and something sweet) also get some money + presents from the older relatives lmao. While we're having our huge family time together, some family members would act out a stand up or improv comedic show, have a huge laugh together and then chill together. Since my cousin has a couple of VR headsets, me and my cousins would play games together and basically spend some good ol quality christmas time together. Of course there are the annoying weird af cousins but nothing a good gossip session with the other cousins can't at least make the situation better lmao.

redcloud

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
My favourite tradition in my whole life is giving of ampao to younger people. I mean its the only time of the year where you get to have some extra money lmao.
View attachment 67251

And then the family reunion. Just on my mother's side tho. And its big asf cause they're 14(12 now cause 2 dead) siblings. I have an old pic where I was 5 years old in it and I wanna post but yeah, Internet. Lmao
Yep lmao. This is by far the best christmas tradition, I mean, free money! 😂

But well, if asked what my favorite is, I gotta say its the nightly Mass. We call it "Simbang Gabi" or ''Misa de Gallo". My mother said to me when I was a Kid that when I attend all 10 masses I get to have a wish, and that God would grant it to me by telling it to Santa 😂. I never got my unlimited marsmallow of course, and I remember getting angry back then, but it was fun.

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
Reading everyone's story really show me how boring mine is 😅
But here goes nothing,
Here, we don't celebrate Christmas separately, sounds awesome?
Not just your family but neighbors and strangers alike come around the church beneath one big decorated tree, singing, dancing, playing games and asking that one guy in a Santa costume for candies 🤣
But that's basically it, not everyone is willing to go just for the sake of celebrating, the church is not that big and yet, it's enough for everyone. "Everyone", as in the few people that actually have a holiday spirit. And sadly, I'm not one of them, not anymore...
It was more fun when I remember it 😚

KLM44989

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Our new Advent tradition leading up to Christmas is opening Lego Friends Advent callendar with our daughter. We do it each day after work and as soon as we finish eating dinner. It has quickly become a very interesting and rewarding time for us.

Memeframe

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 3 years
There is this one tradition that we do every year as a family. Well, except this year, probably, since we're all pretty spread out around the world, actually.

Every year, we head to a selected family member's area (be it by plane, boat, car or feet haha) to meet up. That selected family member then has to lead us to a place that's high up the terrain and is fairly empty at the time so that nobody can hear us. So like, some weird hilltop at night or something.

We sit there for about a few hours doing whatever, mostly eat and stuff. After that we do this Secret Santa present exchange. The rule is that you buy two gifts: an item that relates to the person (usually something that relates to the person's name but it could also be from an inside joke) and a glass ball.

After that, everyone gets their glass balls, heads to the highest point in the area and then individually screams out three things in order: something that you proudly accomplished but nobody cared about, something/someone that peeved you off greatly, and something you absolutely hated about the year. We're generally the 'keep-it-all-in-and-stay-calm-even-though-you-want-to-gut-someone' kind of people.

We then throw the glass balls down forward together as hard as we possibly can. And then we do whatever we want afterwards. Not before we clean the glass though, if we can. And if there's snow, it's an unsaid rule to hit the person you were happy with the least with a snowball on the face.

It's an angry but fun tradition overall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.