Horror Stories Thread!

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,257 happy users since 2014.
Register

vennka

a very angry catto
Member for 5 years
Less a game, and more a thread for sharing past (bad) experiences with modding! Started in the chat and moved to the forums to save space :D

Here's an example! I tried a different modding site before this one, I paid $20 for VIP, and none of the site mods would reply to my DMs asking for any help at all! The mod I wanted didn't even work correctly, either :(
Then I came to Sbenny and I've never gone back. <3

What about you? Ever downloaded a particularly horrifying .apk? Had any bad experiences with modding or mod sites? Let's share!

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Well... my horror story is the reason sbenny.com exists!

Maybe not everyone knows, but around 5 years ago I was a random guy looking for mods like most users on here. I slowly realized most websites were just a bad "copy/paste" of each other, and the only difference was the (increasing) amount of ads each site had, most of them didn't even provide a download link but just a long text talking about the mod and its features, but actually no downloadable content! Or even surveys or pop-ads instead of the actual download link..

So I realized something was needed as, like me, many thousand people probably had the same problems I was facing to download a mod. This is the reason I started studying how to make a website and I created sbenny.com on April 2014, in which I posted all the mods I found on the net after testing them and verifying they worked fine. After less than a year, I started sbenny.com/forums to give users the possibility to get assistance and direct help from me and (hopefully) many other volunteers, and I started releasing my first mods. A few years later I started to get more and more knowledge, so I purchased my first Dedicated Server and upgraded my forum platform, moving from sbenny.com/forums/ to forum.sbenny.com, then created a file hosting site to make sure files never expired and guarantee users could download their files without issues and now I'm here, surrounded by half a million of wonderful people who joined my mission and are here every day with the same mission: help as many people as possible!

vennka

a very angry catto
Member for 5 years
Now I'm here, surrounded by half a million of wonderful people who joined my mission and are here every day with the same mission: help as many people as possible!
That is a super cool story. I'm so grateful you did all of that for the modding community, wow... ;u;