How can I get the best processor?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,889 happy users since 2014.
Register

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
If you need a simple processor with which you can do light gaming, microsoft office,internet surfing then go for an i3. If you need a processor for Proper gaming (check the GPU too) ,multitasking, mid range price then go for an i5. Else for the high end performance you can buy an i7 or i9 though i9 is rarely needed.

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
The little spreadsheet and browser stuff:- i3, good to go for light gaming as well
Games, to play with a suitable good gpu:- i5, most popular for budget builds and decent gaming
if you want 300+ fps with all games and an overpowered system:- i7 or i9

[sorry for talking in intel, don't know much about amd]

KJohan

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
The little spreadsheet and browser stuff:- i3, good to go for light gaming as well
Games, to play with a suitable good gpu:- i5, most popular for budget builds and decent gaming
if you want 300+ fps with all games and an overpowered system:- i7 or i9

[sorry for talking in intel, don't know much about amd]
Agree with you

Urm

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Pah to intel.....get yourself a x570 mobo and a ryzen cpu

kedric

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
I think that ryzen cpu are more cheaper than intel one
ryzen 5 or 7 series are good for gaming
you can benchmark and compare which one you need according to the required configuration

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
I think that ryzen cpu are more cheaper than intel one
ryzen 5 or 7 series are good for gaming
you can benchmark and compare which one you need according to the required configuration
It's the other way now, Intel CPU are much more cheaper, the i5 12400F goes neck to neck with the 5600X yet the 5600X is 40% more expensive, both b550 and b660 motherboards are somewhat equally priced.

But If you're looking for something with 8 cores, you can find excellent options in AMD (like the ryzen 3700X) with a good and budget focused b450 motherboard unlike intel where you'd have to take an i7 and the b560-660 motherboards.

In the end, depends what you'd want to get, 8 cores? Ryzen
6 comparatively faster cores? Intel

nox1399

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
What is this question anyway lol. The very first thing you do while asking for processor suggestions is tell what your budget is man.

Kellanoa

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 2 years
if you cannot afford highend or even medium then stick to cheap ones like my horrible laptop intel celeron n4000 with intel integrated hd 5500 it can run most games back from 2001 to 2010 but of course there are flaws u play it on low settings and i know its S to have a potato laptop.

ClairDon

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Just by the most expensive one and you'll be the winner:happydroid:

crippledmans

Savage Lv6️⃣
Active User
Member for 6 years
* has a good chart you can refer to when building PC tiers according to budget.

* The link previously available here was removed. External links are strictly prohibited on Sbenny, unless in line with the rules or with previous authorisation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aiyeyeyeyey

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
First and foremost on how to pick the best processor for you is: Your Budget and what do you intend to do to your machine.

Lundabad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 2 years
I think intel processors are quite stable and budget friendly