💬 Review How It Ends

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,416 happy users since 2014.
Register

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: How It Ends

Made back in 2018. It's like a road-trip movie with some action scenes but it's mostly family drama. Family love and natural disasters/weather phenomenons.

Review:
Spoiler alert! Spoiler warning!
I did my best to avoid spoiling much and focused more on explaining the plot and not the entire story/journey.

The movie starts with a young couple, Will and Sam.Sam is pregnant (it's a boy) and Will is a lawyer(?) ; I'm actually not sure but in a later scene it was mentioned that he works on a law firm.

Will is tasked to talk with Sam's parents. Sam's father (Tom) is a retired military man.

Here comes the plot!
The next day, Sam called Will to check on him but while on the phone something bad happened and the connection was lost.

Tom and Will go on a road trip to rescue Sam.

The drama is great, the action parts were good, but some action scenes do not make sense.

The thing that made the movie "not the worst of all time" is that the acting and cinematography is actually great.

The movie took a very realistic approach to the idea of "What if the world ends via massive natural dissaster or global warming?" People being people and nature being crazy (unreal or unexplainable weather phenomenon) that realistic approach made the drama aspect of the movie enjoyable.

The irony is "How It Ends" ended in a lame way. The ending is bad, my genuine reaction was (in my mind), "Why are those words on the screen?". I thought Netflix or my internet connection was having a problem; nope~ the movie ended, what I was looking at was the credits.

Would you recommend this to other users? No. I will give it a 3 star at best because the drama and cinematography were great.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐

Last edited: