✅ Solved How to Compress 1,5 GB to 1 GB or below?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,220 happy users since 2014.
Register

Oppa Madara

The Perfect Susano'o
Member for 5 years
I have a movie to be shared here, but I want to compress it first.

How to do it?

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
You can try compressing it to .7z (or .rar, it's more easily decompressible) format either by using zarchiver on play store or using 7-zip on pc, I had to release a 2.5 GB game here (GTA San Andreas) and I was able to compress it to 1.6 GB in that way, see if it works for you.

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
What are the settings?
If on zarchiver, just tap the file and a range of options will pop up, select compress to .7z, or select compress to .rar
If on 7 zip, just right click on the file and select compress to, you will see a pop up asking for the required options.
Compressions size depends on you, if you set it to low, it takes less time but more size and vice versa

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
For compression you can use famous and powerfull programs like 7z or Winrar. You can use 7z with LZMA or LZMA2 algorithm for better compression ratio. On the other hand latest Winrar use Rar6 technology. Earlier LZMA2 used to give better ratio that Rar5. Not sure about Rar6. After you can use compression quality from store to best and it heavily effects the ratio depending on the algorithm used. But better quality will take more time. Also you can assign more core and memory for better compression ratio. But beware you will need 6x free memory you selected and 2x when decompressing. As a example if you select 1024mb you will need 1024x6 free memory/ram and 1024x2 free memory to decompress. Or compressor will fall back automatically and use remaining free memory.
Another important thing that compressing a already compressed won't give you much ratio. Most media extension are already compressed so I won't think you will get that much ratio to get 1.5gb to 1gb. But worth a try. Hope it helps.

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
KGB Archiver, :p

Oppa Madara

The Perfect Susano'o
Member for 5 years
I only have 2 Gigs of RAM, I should forget this thing then.

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
I only have 2 Gigs of RAM, I should forget this thing then.
On mobile?
Use zarchiver then, you might have to leave your phone alone for a moment

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
On my laptop, my android has 4 Gigs...but I don't know if its reliable enough to do this thing.
Well, my phone has 3 gigs, and it takes a bit of time to compress, I guess 4 GB will do much better.
Also, it depends more on Ur PC's cpu than ram, it will, generally stating, be faster than via phone, give it a try

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
So, did it solve your problem?

Oppa Madara

The Perfect Susano'o
Member for 5 years
Well, my phone has 3 gigs, and it takes a bit of time to compress, I guess 4 GB will do much better.
Also, it depends more on Ur PC's cpu than ram, it will, generally stating, be faster than via phone, give it a try
It doesn't work, I don't know why.

Oppa Madara

The Perfect Susano'o
Member for 5 years
Maybe I don't have enough RAM to do it, I want to squeeze it as small as possible.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years