📖 Tutorial How to hack Unity Android Games when there's no Assembly-Csharp.dll (libil2cpp.so method)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,432 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
It's written in the tutorial:

TRUE (or 1)
01 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1

FALSE (or 0)
00 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1
Post automatically merged:

Hy,

Can I ask the return value for both boolean true and false?
Also, is it matter the return value if I am editing public vs private vs static function?

Thanks
No difference public private or static. They're different ways each function interacts with other functions.

chu121su12

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
I thought the return values are different for int and bool.

Many thanks!

Baenchen

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
So I can pick up with all of the steps I think. (Except that the folder, after I used "ll2CppDumer" doesn't call "Manage", it calls "DummyDll", but I think that doesn't matter).
I just have problems to find the right function like in step 8 or 8a. At "The Basics: Hacking (Mod) Android Games with Net Reflector" I had the same issue.
In step 5) you know what you're looking for and there is just one result of "Coins" but I looked up "Hearts" in my app and there are way more results. Here:
Unbenannt.png
So its under the dll: Assembly-CSharp. And there it is in the dump.cs:
Unbenannt2.png
And now I just looked for "hearts" again and there is an Offset number I used:
Unbenannt3.png
So I found the Offset when I opend libil2cpp.so in HxD and changed it to FF 04 E0 E3 1E FF 2F E1 (and just 8 Bytes like you wrote down):
Unbenannt4.png
Saved it and put it back in the APK. But It didn't work and I think something it has to do with the Offset number. I think it's a wrong one I choose, but I didnt get how to find the right friction of there are so many results for my example: "hearts".
When I wanted to install the App it said INTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES.

So I need help. :) Thanks for the nice Tutorial ist really good how you explain everything!

PS.: Or do I just have edit a different Offset number till I got the right one?

Last edited:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
So I can pick up with all of the steps I think. (Except that the folder, after I used "ll2CppDumer" doesn't call "Manage", it calls "DummyDll", but I think that doesn't matter).
I just have problems to find the right function like in step 8 or 8a. At "The Basics: Hacking (Mod) Android Games with Net Reflector" I had the same issue.
In step 5) you know what you're looking for and there is just one result of "Coins" but I looked up "Hearts" in my app and there are way more results. Here:
So its under the dll: Assembly-CSharp. And there it is in the dump.cs:
And now I just looked for "hearts" again and there is an Offset number I used:
So I found the Offset when I opend libil2cpp.so in HxD and changed it to FF 04 E0 E3 1E FF 2F E1 (and just 8 Bytes like you wrote down):
Saved it and put it back in the APK. But It didn't work and I think something it has to do with the Offset number. I think it's a wrong one I choose, but I didnt get how to find the right friction of there are so many results for my example: "hearts".
When I wanted to install the App it said INTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES.

So I need help. :) Thanks for the nice Tutorial ist really good how you explain everything!

PS.: Or do I just have edit a different Offset number till I got the right one?
You didn't edit an Int32. The way you modified the function will never work as that's a Void and not an Int32, so you can't just return a number. Also, "SetContent" doesn't look like a good function at all, at least not for what you're trying to do. You searched for "Hearts" but ended up editing a function inside "ClientDialogController" which is something related to game UI (dialogs) and not to game data.

Baenchen

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
You didn't edit an Int32. The way you modified the function will never work as that's a Void and not an Int32, so you can't just return a number. Also, "SetContent" doesn't look like a good function at all, at least not for what you're trying to do. You searched for "Hearts" but ended up editing a function inside "ClientDialogController" which is something related to game UI (dialogs) and not to game data.
Okay, thank you for texting back! :) I know I don't know how to do it.
I tried it with "SetContent" yes but the screenshot is just to show all the results I got.
I tired with some of the results. But I just don't know what is the right function. That's my problem.
I tried it with NET Reflector on Subway Surfers too but ended up looking for the correct function again, what I didn't find.

BTW I think that I can't change the number of "hearts" in my game, I just can unlock premium choices without using the hearts.
But I think that's a differnt way to MOD an APK right? :unsure: :confused:

Zancrow

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hey sbenny,
I followed your tutorial but I can't get Il2CppDumper to dump. I've tried all methods and got the right unity version.
It looks like the metadata has been encrypted. Do you know how to decrypt/bypass it?

The game I am trying to MOD is called Ulala Adventure.

Let me know if you know how or what/where I can learn it.

nguyenphuong

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Hi,
Thank for Tutorial
but i try to dump by Ill2cppdumper newest version but cant dump
The error :
" Index was outside the bounds of the array.
ERROR: Can't use this mode to process file, try another mode.
at Il2CppDumper.FormGUI.A(Object , DoWorkEventArgs ) "

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Hi,
Thank for Tutorial
but i try to dump by Ill2cppdumper newest version but cant dump
The error :
" Index was outside the bounds of the array.
ERROR: Can't use this mode to process file, try another mode.
at Il2CppDumper.FormGUI.A(Object , DoWorkEventArgs ) "
As the error says, you should try another mode (if you pressed 2, try with 3, 4 or 5). Also, it might happen if the unity version you input isn't correct or if the game has set an additional protection to prevent dump.

nguyenphuong

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
As the error says, you should try another mode (if you pressed 2, try with 3, 4 or 5). Also, it might happen if the unity version you input isn't correct or if the game has set an additional protection to prevent dump.
Thank for reply , i tried all mode but error . Do you have any way to remove Protect?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
It depends on the protection set, however this requires an advanced knowledge. Try to dump the apk file and see if you're able to do it by yourself. If not, it's a good moment to start studying :)

Nacht

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Games are getting harder and harder to mod than before with il2cpp. Tell me if you're gonna drop a TUT on how to mod without il2cpp and only global-meta :/ the older version of one of my game used to have C# dll and then moved to il2cpp and then no library, nothing to mod beside obscured files :cry:.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Games are getting harder and harder to mod than before with il2cpp. Tell me if you're gonna drop a TUT on how to mod without il2cpp and only global-meta :/ the older version of one of my game used to have C# dll and then moved to il2cpp and then no library, nothing to mod beside obscured files :cry:.
There's always libil2cpp.so if the game is built with the newer version of Unity. What could be missing is global-metadata.dat, but the lib is never missing.

Sha67

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Thanks for the TUT, after you've said "the lib is never missing", i thought there was a problem with the decompiler, but the fact is there's no lib folder at all, btw it's an online game.

Nacht

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
I think some game stop creating .so files and use other ways to create a library file

Oppa Madara

The Perfect Susano'o
Active User
Member for 5 years
So this is all done with Android Phone? not from Laptop?

Ah, that can be done from Laptop. Waaay far more convenient.

Kostya555

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
А что делать, как сделать дамп cpp если нет файла в апк с игрой global-metadata.dat ?