✅ Solved how to install an apk over an existing one?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,722 happy users since 2014.
Register

potatoice

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Does anyone know how can I install an apk over an existing one? So I have this modded apk but there are some errors and if I don't update it with the original one I won't make any progress. I don't want to lose my saved data in the game so that's why I have to update manually instead of uninstall and reinstall it.
IMG_20210624_121849.png

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
Hey There @Ryo69,
The Original app has the developer's original signature while the mod which we make has a different signature (we can't use the developer's signature since it's not possible at all without requesting from them).
Now the only option left with you is to uninstall the original game and install the mod apk but here's the IMPORTANT PART. Your Game has been made by Kairosoft Co. and there is a way which you can use to save your data.
Here are the steps and make sure to read them carefully (Note: these will only work if your device's android version is 10 or less, it won't work on Android Version 11):
1. Open your File Explorer
2. Navigate to /Android/Data and you should see a folder called "net.kairosoft.android.kingdom"
3. Now you can either rename it to from "net.kairosoft.android.kingdom" to "net.kairosoft.android.kingdom1" (add 1 to the folder name) or you can copy this folder to somewhere else.
4. After renaming it or copying it, uninstall your game and install the Mod APK.
5. Rename the folder in /Android/Data from "net.kairosoft.android.kingdom1" to "net.kairosoft.android.kingdom".

There is no guarantee that it will work but there is a very high chance that it should work and you can try this because if you want to play the mod then you will have to uninstall the original APK for sure but these steps will help you to keep your saved data.

potatoice

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi @DDeveloper
I have tried your suggestion, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me 😫
But thanks for the answer!

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years

potatoice

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Sorry to hear that :(
any further questions ?
Once I played a modded game called war of valkyrie
Here's the playstore link if you want to check it out --> War Of Valkyrie [Pixel RPG] - Apps on Google Play
But yeah the mod had an error and I couldn't make any progress in the game, so I tried to install the original apk without uninstalling the mod.
And it actually worked smoothly with no problem at all 😂
Do you know why is this happened?

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Once I played a modded game called war of valkyrie
Here's the playstore link if you want to check it out --> War Of Valkyrie [Pixel RPG] - Apps on Google Play
But yeah the mod had an error and I couldn't make any progress in the game, so I tried to install the original apk without uninstalling the mod.
And it actually worked smoothly with no problem at all 😂
Do you know why is this happened?
You said installing the original apk , you installed that from google play store ?

potatoice

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
You said installing the original apk , you installed that from google play store ?
No, it was on another site. I remember now. I think it was modified but has no mod feature.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
No, it was on another site. I remember now. I think it was modified but has no mod feature.
Yes signature was same .

Eden

Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Approval Team
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Heya,

I'm closing this question and moving it to Answered Questions as this question has been resolved. If you have any other questions please post them in our Questions Area.

Thank you!